How the U.S. government messed up our education & economy. Don't pay your loans!

[quote=“Impaler”]So, don’t bother going to school. Voila – no student loans to worry about paying back, or not paying back.

It’s really that fucking simple. Even a chimpanzee could do it.[/quote]
I feel pretty confident saying that all chimpanzees avoid student loans in precisely this way. Cunning beasts, those chimps.

This website doesn’t look too reliable but check it out. If this is true it may be able to help you. But it looks like you are just going to get robbed by a lawyer now.

The borrower is teaching a needy population. If you are currently a teacher that is teaching for a needy, low-income population, you may be able to have your student loans canceled or deferred.

Is Taiwan a needy society? Maybe not. But what about Teaching in Africa or somewhere else.

http://bankruptcy.findlaw.com/debt-relief/your-options-when-you-can-t-repay-student-loans.html

Concerning student loans: When all is said and done, one is either a person who keeps their promises or a person who does not.

Concerning degrees: Not all degrees are equal, some give you paths, some give you options and some give you nothing but debt. Often the same degree can be in any of the categories, depending on the person.

Nobody keeps all their promises and everybody lies at some point, it’s that simple.

Fair enough, I can’t argue that, I’ll revise to “there are people who do their legitimate best to keep their promises and people who don’t.”

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

[quote=“Evlesoa”]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW9f2KsyaOI&feature=related

So, who supports paying back loans now? Everyone though it was so moral… yeah, right. Anyway, go, indulge in the video and see why you shouldn’t support this ludicrous nonsense.

And then the useless degrees that people end up studying–instead of something useful and applicable in this world.[/quote]

If you think Peter Schiff is telling you not to pay your loans, then you don’t understand what he’s saying. He’s talking about government policies including loans people don’t have to take. Who took out those loans? YOU did. Who chose your major? YOU did. Stop blaming everyone else and take some responsibility for your life.

Honoring an agreement that you made is moral. Breaking an agreement you made is not honoring your word, no matter how you try to slip out of it. Stop pretending to be a victim because someone gave you money you asked for.

[quote=“Formosa Fitness”][quote=“Evlesoa”]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW9f2KsyaOI&feature=related

So, who supports paying back loans now? Everyone though it was so moral… yeah, right. Anyway, go, indulge in the video and see why you shouldn’t support this ludicrous nonsense.

And then the useless degrees that people end up studying–instead of something useful and applicable in this world.[/quote]

If you think Peter Schiff is telling you not to pay your loans, then you don’t understand what he’s saying. He’s talking about government policies including loans people don’t have to take. Who took out those loans? YOU did. Who chose your major? YOU did. Stop blaming everyone else and take some responsibility for your life.

Honoring an agreement that you made is moral. Breaking an agreement you made is not honoring your word, no matter how you try to slip out of it. Stop pretending to be a victim because someone gave you money you asked for.[/quote]

People are really bringing morality into it again?

Didn’t we already show how stupid that was? Oh, maybe yall missed the thread, being so busy and all ‘honoring your word’ or some such nonsense.

[quote=“Evlesoa”]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW9f2KsyaOI&feature=related

I wonder how many people commenting in this thread actually watched the video? Actually, I pretty much agree with everything that Peter Schiff says in that video, the problem is, I dont see at any point he suggests not paying back a student loan.

The material in the video concerns some very abstract ideas, so Evlesoa, and note you mentioned previously math related subjects with abstract ideas are not your forte. But what is being discussed (for those who can’t be bothered to watch), is the value of fiat currency, inflation that occurs from printing of money, inflated prices of education from government backed loans and useless liberal arts degrees.

95% of the video doesn’t relate at all to education, it is in broader terms discussing what he sees as the inevitable dollar bubble thats being created, and inevitable interest rate hikes that will follow when US creditors realize the US can’t pay back its loans.

Back to the original claim from Evlesoa that you shouldn’t pay back your loan. Unless the plan is to flee the country never to return, defaulting on your loan compounds the cost significantly and unlike just about every other loan (like a house or car) you can’t declare bankruptcy, ouch! Of all the loans you would ever take, not paying back a student loan in the US is arguably the worst possible loan not to repay.