How the U.S. government messed up our education & economy. Don't pay your loans!

youtube.com/watch?v=YW9f2Ksy … re=related

So, who supports paying back loans now? Everyone though it was so moral… yeah, right. Anyway, go, indulge in the video and see why you shouldn’t support this ludicrous nonsense.

And then the useless degrees that people end up studying–instead of something useful and applicable in this world.

A Youtube video.
Then it must be the truth :loco: :loco:

RIght or Wrong. I would pay back your loan because that debt is going to follow you around the rest of your life. That guy you posted is rich and I guarantee he doesn’t have an outstanding loan. He even plugged his book during that discussion. I can believe anyone would even consider not paying back a loan. What do you think is going to happen, a revolution.

[quote=“bigduke6”]A Youtube video.
Then it must be the truth :loco: :loco:[/quote]

Right. That means everything that’s on Youtube is false. Everything.

Give me a reason why. Can’t go to jail for it. Doesn’t follow around to other countries. Anything else I forgot to mention?

I don’t think I mentioned that everything on Youtube is false? You know what they say about assumptions.

I also do not think, based on your previous posts on this site, that you are in any position to offer ANY kind of financial advice.

Look at your situation. All you do is complain how screwed you are.

Sure it does not follow you to other countries, but what happens if one day, for some reason you need to go back to the US?
You sure are not hacking it here, and many have told you your best option is to go back to the US.
You would be doubly fucked if you went back and owed thousands in student loans plus penalties.

[quote=“bigduke6”]
Sure it does not follow you to other countries, but what happens if one day, for some reason you need to go back to the US?
You sure are not hacking it here, and many have told you your best option is to go back to the US.
You would be doubly fucked if you went back and owed thousands in student loans plus penalties.[/quote]

It’s not an assumption… the guy’s right about what he says…

Okay, as for going back: if all I can afford is a plane ticket, how do you suppose I deal with a job and rent when I don’t get paid for a month and have no family support? I’m serious. How is that of benefit? I’ll deal with the same troubles. The only difference is that I can stay there indefinitely.

Prisons are reasonably comfortable in the EU. Free room and board, a weight room and a library, and nothing at all to worry about. I wouldn’t try it in the US, though - young lads like you are rather … popular, apparently.

[quote=“Evlesoa”][quote=“bigduke6”]
You would be doubly fucked if you went back and owed thousands in student loans plus penalties.[/quote]

It’s not an assumption… the guy’s right about what he says…

Okay, as for going back: if all I can afford is a plane ticket, how do you suppose I deal with a job and rent when I don’t get paid for a month and have no family support? I’m serious. How is that of benefit? I’ll deal with the same troubles. The only difference is that I can stay there indefinitely.[/quote]

And I can find 10 000 other Youtube vids stating the opposite. :no-no: :no-no: :no-no:

You in a situation now that is only going to get worse. While you still have some cash, you should go somewhere that you can get a job. You cannot get legally employed here under ANY circumstances, unless you get married.

Even the open work rights will probably not land you an English teaching job without a degree.

Thats just the way it is.

Yes, you forgot to mention that there it’s silly to assume no future exists for you past age thirty (or whatever the number is that you don’t seem willing to plan beyond).

Look, everybody does stupid shit when they’re young. The young have a HUGE advantage, they have plenty of time to recover. Probably not wise to negate your advantage in this area, it will just close some potentially advantageous doors your present self can’t possibly foresee the utility of which today. Lets face it, knowing what’s in your long term advantage is NOT your strong area.

No need to compound the costs of your ignorance, grasshopper.

Don’t joke. I heard the prisons in Belgium are better than many a 5 start estabilshment. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Prison is cool. How does one ‘apply?’

With your propensity for finding bad luck without looking for it, I’m sure a solution will present itself :smiley:

[quote=“Evlesoa”]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW9f2KsyaOI&feature=related

So, who supports paying back loans now? Everyone though it was so moral… yeah, right. Anyway, go, indulge in the video and see why you shouldn’t support this ludicrous nonsense.

And then the[color=#FF0000] useless degree[/color]s that people end up studying–instead of something useful and applicable in this world.[/quote]

It may seemingly be useless, but it’s not just a piece of paper. In time, you’ll learn that it’s actually a key. One that will open up a members’ only door and inside are job offers and opportunities that simply aren’t available to non-members.

[quote=“kaikai34”][quote=“Evlesoa”]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW9f2KsyaOI&feature=related

And then the[color=#FF0000] useless degree[/color]s that people end up studying–instead of something useful and applicable in this world.[/quote]

It may seemingly be useless, but it’s not just a piece of paper. In time, you’ll learn that it’s actually a key. One that will open up a members’ only door and inside are job offers and opportunities that simply aren’t available to non-members.[/quote]

Then why does everyone say a major in Chinese is useless unless going for a PhD?

[quote=“Evlesoa”][quote=“kaikai34”][quote=“Evlesoa”]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW9f2KsyaOI&feature=related

It may seemingly be useless, but it’s not just a piece of paper. In time, you’ll learn that it’s actually a key. One that will open up a members’ only door and inside are job offers and opportunities that simply aren’t available to non-members.[/quote]

Then why does everyone say a major in Chinese is useless unless going for a PhD?[/quote]

Never heard anyone say that. Who is this “everyone” of whom thou speakest? :ponder:

Your BA does not really matter, I know someone with a BA in Jewish Studies (talk about useless) who is a software engineer making over 100k USD a year.

[quote=“Confuzius”][quote=“Evlesoa”][quote=“kaikai34”][quote=“Evlesoa”]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW9f2KsyaOI&feature=related

Then why does everyone say a major in Chinese is useless unless going for a PhD?[/quote]

Never heard anyone say that. Who is this “everyone” of whom thou speakest? :ponder:

Your BA does not really matter, I know someone with a BA in Jewish Studies (talk about useless) who is a software engineer making over 100k USD a year.[/quote]

In my other thread several have said a major in Chinese is useless. And by several I mean like 5 people.

100k and majoring in Jewish Studies? That’s amazing.

[quote=“Evlesoa”]

In my other thread several have said a major in Chinese is useless. And by several I mean like 5 people.

100k and majoring in Jewish Studies? That’s amazing.[/quote]

Well, they’re wrong :smiley:

Think if you get a BA in Chinese.

Then an MA, in, well, Business, Travel, Economics, Engineering (throw in a hundred other things) you would be quite marketable.

Now, if we are talking about pursing an MA, yeah, maybe unless you have specific career goals, an MA in Chinese may not be too handy without a PhD, unless of course you have a specific career track.

Confucious speaketh the truth.

A BA in Chinese, by itself, does not do much good. For starters, you will be competing with what, 1.6 billion Native Chinese speakers. In order for that degree to be other than a nice piece of paper to look at -just like any other BA in English, French literature or Greek Philosophy- you have to make it work with a plan. As said, use it to teach Chinese abroad, add an MBA and build connections through networking, do something with it aside from it being a paperweight. It is a start, but not as easy to plug in as say, something more technical and specific like law, accounting, engineering or any other traditional stuff.

As anyone who loves, say, literature, will tell you, if you study something because you love it you may as well starve while doing it and afterwards. Yet, as has been said, life goes on after 30. Set up goals, make a new plan as the first one did not work. Use that rebellion inside of you for fuel. Do not let circunstances overcome you, but defeat them. It gives one a great pleasure to defeat the nay-sayers.

[quote=“Evlesoa”]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW9f2KsyaOI&feature=related

And then the useless degrees that people end up studying–instead of something useful and applicable in this world.[/quote]
So, don’t bother going to school. Voila – no student loans to worry about paying back, or not paying back.

It’s really that fucking simple. Even a chimpanzee could do it.