How to arrange Part-Time Child Care for Infant?

We are soon to have our hands full with a new baby, and although hubby and I plan to take care of him for the first few months we will need help once my maternity leave is over and I’m back to working full time.

I work days and my husband works evenings, so we only need to hire help for a few hours per day (maybe 5-6 hours per day) and prefer to hire someone who will come to our home to care for baby, but not live with us. Ideal candidate would speak some English - enough to communicate with us, and would also be willing to do light cleaning/housekeeping/cooking as required.

Where do we start looking for this person?
Are there any government restrictions about who we may hire?
How much is a fee for the job described above?
Any additional suggestions/advice?
I’ve heard the term baomu - Where do you find a baomu?

Hi, where are u located?

Taipei City.

Let merephrase my question: which part of the city are you? My previous nanny was top notch. I can put u in touch with her. Are u looking at m-f?

Ah… We are near Yongchun MRT station (blue line) in the Xinyi District.

Looking for someone very part time at first - maybe 1 day per week starting in October; then Monday - Friday probably 2:30pm-7:30pm starting in January. I know I’m asking well in advance, but I feel like it’s time to start checking out our options.

I’ve sent u a pm.

:slight_smile:

We are also looking for a part time baby sitters. Our baby girl is almost 2 years old. Night, 6-9 hours a week. We live by 101. Can you also help?