How to communicate effectively with your foreign teacher?

A Chinese co-teacher in our school does a good administrative job in the classroom and helps the children quite well. However, the classroom management with her foreign teacher is less effective.

How would you suggest her to improve her communication with her foreign teacher?

[quote]How would you suggest her to improve her communication with her foreign teacher?
[/quote]
Eh? :ponder: Since nobody has the faintest idea of how she and he communicate right now, how on earth is anyone supposed to make suggestions for improvements?

I think the op is trying to say that the Chinese teacher is good at classroom management, but the foreign teacher is not, and wants to know how the Chinese teacher can tell the foreign teacher how to do a better job of Classroom management. Maybe He/She wants to avoid causing the foreigner to lose face or get upset at being told how to do a better job. He/She is not really asking for suggestions on how the two teachers could communicate better. IMO

Elaborate on the situation, OP? I have a few pearls that I could share if I knew the details. Buxiban? Kindy? Position of the bosses? Duration at the school of the CT and the FT? What is the exact nature of the dilemma? etc?

I think giving the foreign teacher a small present will get his attention and make it more likely that he’ll listen.

If the foreign teacher is jimi, she should give him a bottle o’ some hard stuff, and start talkin’ fast before he finishes it.

-The school is a kindergarten with an afternoon cram school program.
-The bosses usually support the Chinese Teacher.
-The CT has been there for almost 3 years and the FT for a little bit more than a year.
-The FT tries to communicate with the CT, but the CT is usually unwilling to talk about the classroom situation. This increases the tension between the both of them.

She’s been there for far longer. I wonder if she (and the boss) don’t see the foreigner as a mere transitory figure and therefore not worth keeping in the loop? Or if she’s maybe pissed that she’s not simply allowed to tell the foreigner that he WILL do things HER way and quit asking questions?

Dargus, you might find some useful info in this thread, especially Brendon’s post on the second page:
[url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/whats-the-deal-with-chinese-teachers/45412/1 the deal with Chinese Teachers?[/url]

My approach to CTs when I worked with them was to try to build a positive relationship with them. They often have the crappier jobs for lower pay. Try buying a surprise cup of Starbucks for her and don’t deal with class problems too directly with her. You might find that things just sort of take care of themselves. Your relationship with your CTs will determine how much (or little) they choose to help you. Most of the time, things will go swimmingly. The odd time, you will get people who just clash with you. In these cases you have to suck up, learn to suck it up or drop the class.

Apologies, dargus, but I’m a bit lost here. Is your OP concerned with the CT having difficulty communicating with the FT, or vice versa? There’s a world of difference between the two. I don’t mean to be rude at all, but the responses and suggestions will be seriously different.

-According to our boss, the CT does a great job in the classroom with administration, communication with parents, reports, … but she is experiencing some difficulties communicatin with her FT.
-According to the colleagues, the FT seems to do a good job teaching the kids. He hopes the CT gets more involved in the classroom management.
-According to the FT, The CT would like to improve her communication with the FT, but each time the FT approaches her to talk about
a. how to keep the attention of the students
b. how to control the students
c. how to improve the weaker students
d. how to improve group and individual practice;
the CT postpones it (saying: let’s talk about it tomorrow).

[quote=“dargus”]-According to our boss, the CT does a great job in the classroom with administration, communication with parents, reports, … but she is experiencing some difficulties communicatin with her FT.
-According to the colleagues, the FT seems to do a good job teaching the kids. He hopes the CT gets more involved in the classroom management.
-According to the FT, The CT would like to improve her communication with the FT, but each time the FT approaches her to talk about
a. how to keep the attention of the students
b. how to control the students
c. how to improve the weaker students
d. how to improve group and individual practice;
the CT postpones it (saying: let’s talk about it tomorrow).[/quote]

Read up for my post.

It’s beyond the point of no return now and it should blow up soon or blow away as they change teachers next semester. CT’s are infamous for passive-aggressive behavior.

This sounds good to me–not that I disagree with the rest of Toasty’s post, it’s just that this part hits home for me.