How to Connect Cell Phone to PC?

I have a Motorola V3 and want to transfer pictures and phone numbers to my PC.

I bought a USB lead and tried to install the driver using the CD that it came with. When I connect the phone to the USB port, my PC tells me it has detected a V3, but when I try to locate the files on my phone via the PC, nada! Nothing.

Please help! What am I doing wrong?

You probably have to use the software the phone came with to access them.

What I mean is, if you are just going into the start menu to look at the files treating your phone as if it’s a harddrive then this won’t work.

Did you read the manual?

[quote=“Stray Dog”]I have a Motorola V3 and want to transfer pictures and phone numbers to my PC.

I bought a USB lead and tried to install the driver using the CD that it came with. When I connect the phone to the USB port, my PC tells me it has detected a V3, but when I try to locate the files on my phone via the PC, nada! Nothing.

Please help! What am I doing wrong?[/quote]

My wife has exactly the same phone and I bought her the lead and had exactly the same problems. The software is crap to begin with and way, way out of date. You must update the software online to include a 300MB patch before it will work. I remember I had to update the software three or four times in succession before it would finally work, so when it says that it is updated, then just restart and update again and again until it no longer updates, then it will finally work.

I was most disapointed with this software and can’t imagin how anyone with a dial up modem can be expected to download an enourmous patch for their bloody phone’s software to work. This is almost a good case for a trade descriptions complaint and this patch is not simple enough for most mothers than I know to figure out, let alone my gadget enhanced self.

The transfer of pictures also left me with mush in the way of complaining, as transfer from PC to phone of either pictures or ringtones drastically reduces any quality automatically and non overidable, leaving crappy low resolution pictures and poor quality tones on the phone. Conclusion: Motorola is XIT, as I had always thought so until the snazzy looking V3 came out and I thought I had changed my mind, but no, they didn’t go far enough.

freedownloadscenter.com/Netw … ls_v3.html