How to deal with GF chewing with her mouth open

[quote=“achdizzy1099”]Chewing with your mouth open is like China’s version of ‘Ghetto Fabulous’. “Yeah that’s right motha fucka, I got all kinds of food, I aint strarvin’! Look bitch, it’s right here in my mouth, sweet nutrients, betchya wish ya Scury withered’ ass had some o’ what i got!”

T[/quote]

:laughing: Nice one.

This sounds like something from Seinfeld. Just be thankful she doesn’t have man hands.

OP, I’d recommend pointing out the pet peeve in a lighter way. My personal preference (and it works on my brother-in-law) subtle additions of bass drum to the chewing noise rhythm. Every time she chicks, you bring the bass doef. So it’ll be doef-chick-doef-chick-doef-chick. Maybe add a snare drum as well Tah. So it goes doef-chick-tah-chick-doef-chick-tah-chick. Remember, the key here is that you not focusing on her open mouth chewing, but merely enjoying the rhythm it makes. This will in time make her chew with her mouth closed because she’ll notice that you notice the fact of her making chewing noises while eating. You’ll achieve this without ever directly telling her that this annoys the sh!t out of you.

Another thing you can do, when she chews like a cow, is to simply stop what you’re doing and stare at her mouth. This will beg the question from her side: “What?”
Then your answer must be, when the utmost amazement: “How do you do it?” She: “Do what?” You: “Keep the food in your mouth.” She: “Huh?” You: “Yeah, every time I try chewing with my mouth open, my food falls out.” She: (genuinely confused). You: “You must teach me.”
Really try to learn this from her. She’ll obviously not teach you and definitely stop chewing like that to too.

Don’t dump her about this. Rather enjoy the journey. IMHO

[quote=“Indiana”][quote=“suiyuan31”][quote=“Nuit”]I raised this issue with SO this morning. She became indignant, defensive and swore that no Taiwanese would do this, and that they are taught from an early age to chew with their mouth closed.

So you’re all wrong.[/quote]
Ha, so funny. I was on a first date a few weeks ago and there was open mouth chewing with occasional lip-smacking. On the third date, I bring up (randomly) open mouth chewing and was told the exact same thing above with the same attitude (people here don’t do that and parents smack their kids for it) by someone who does it!!! That was the final date.[/quote]

I can’t even look at someone when they eat like this because it turns my stomach so much…my hat goes off to you for making it to the third date!!![/quote]
Only the first date was an eating one. One movie (no :popcorn: ) and one…“other.” The open mouth chewing, and even smacking, doesn’t bother me as much as someone being so completely unaware of oneself that they rip on the very behavior they don’t know they are engaging in.

All I’m gonna say is, I’ll have to take a really loooong hard look at the eating habits I’ve acquired here (7 years since I’ve been back to the Republic) before I go back to visit my grandparents. I can imagine they’d be horrified if they saw me eating here.

I pulled the glance on my wife. She returned with this sassy comment… “it taste better this way”.

Gosh if thats the biggest problem bout your GF? YOU should frickin marry her. OR give me her number and I might !

Its way better then GF that cheat on you? Or are psycho or obsessed with shopping, or who are mean to your family. There are a host of problems a GF can cause in your life. And if chewing with her mouth open is the worst of it? Shes a keeper !

[quote=“tommy525”]Gosh if thats the biggest problem bout your GF? YOU should frickin marry her. OR give me her number and I might !

Its way better then GF that cheat on you? Or are psycho or obsessed with shopping, or who are mean to your family. There are a host of problems a GF can cause in your life. And if chewing with her mouth open is the worst of it? Shes a keeper ![/quote]

Despite a person’s many wonderful qualities, a person chewing with their mouth open would have been the breaking point in my book…it’s just so…ewwwwww…and I wouldn’t want to prepare myself for the other disgusting habits that the person might very well have. :aiyo:

Let me not mention then that cute chicks who yawn turn me on :slight_smile:

Man…we need a Men’s Forum. I have a theory about Taiwanese women and their open mouthed chewing/messy eating…

Ha ha ha!

And Taiwanese men??? :slight_smile:

And Taiwanese men??? :slight_smile:[/quote]
Good luck with that. From what I’m told, they don’t do “that”. Maybe they’re scared it’ll lick back. :idunno: I was taught it’s a good sign if it does. :smiley:

Ah, stuffing the mouth with food, talking with a stuffed mouth, and chewing with an opened mouth are truly disgusting habits. Cannot take these types of girls to sophisticated functions. I would suggest kindly explaining to them how monsterous and unbecoming it looks particularly in certain settings. Maybe show a YouTube of people eating in a more graceful fashion. Explain that while everyone understands that people come from different backgrounds that sometimes it is not necessary to allow some habits to carry over into adult life or into other social networks. If they cannot accept it then I would suggest not dining with such individuals. We cannot force a cow to become a housewife.

“We cannot force a cow to become a housewife” ??? :slight_smile: i cant follow this logic somehow.

chewing aside, what actually turns me on is a pretty girl YAWNING. Somehow i think of …

[quote=“tommy525”]“We cannot force a cow to become a housewife” ??? :slight_smile: i cant follow this logic somehow.

chewing aside, what actually turns me on is a pretty girl YAWNING. Somehow I think of …[/quote]

The quoted saying references to the notion that a cow chews loudly and with its mouth open, teeth showing. The original poster is comparing his girl to a cow with a metaphorical statement.

Pretty girls yawning…I get it :wink:

1 Like

How do you guys feel about slurping noises when Taiwanese eat noodles or drink soup?
Do you put up with it?
Is it rude as a Westerner to ask them to do it quietly?
It is the way they eat in their culture and as a foreigner, you are living in Taiwan.

@_Lilith doesn’t like it. But it’s just how I drink soup. Idk how else to drink it.

1 Like

Yeah…My English/German side wouldn’t put up with the slurping, belching, farting at a dinner table. My grandma Westerman/Hobbs always said “Just because you’re poor doesn’t mean you need to look poor.” She believed in carrying yourself well.

I really don’t get the issue with slurping soap lol