How to find a store that cleans a smelly shoe

I think there is a bad smell from inside my shoe. Whenever I wear this shoe and spend maybe an hour or so, it just smells even worse. How can I find a store that cleans a smelly shoe inside and out? What Chinese word should I search?

Left or right shoe?

1 Like

Both shoes

Do you wear socks?

Look for a dry cleaning store near you.
They usually provide this service.

5 Likes

What about baking soda? That works really well with odors.

Or just try a dry cleaner or stores that do laundry (not the coin op places)

Otherwise the musical garbage truck…

5 Likes

It’s extremely difficult to clean a shoe if bacteria has started growing.

I had a pair of favorite shoes one time I tried everything, every spray, washing machine, freezer, sun shine, nothing resolved the situation.

4 Likes

You can probably kill the germs with bleach or something. The bleach may damage fabric however.

Or put it into a steamer/autoclave/whatever… steam the shit out of it and kill whatever bug inside.

Did you try the dry cleaner near you? :smirk:

1 Like

4 Likes

I think in Taiwan when you reach the smelly shoe stage it’s just time to move on.

4 Likes

To Hong Kong maybe? :foot:

5 Likes

Put the shoes in the dishwasher (of course no plates at same time LOL), it’s better than washing machine as the shoes don’t tumble around. Put them as high up in the dishwasher with opening downwards for best effect

There is a chain called Y.A.S鞋類洗護中心. You can look them up for a location near you.

The Chinese keyword for this kind of businesses is 洗鞋.

4 Likes

What type of shoes?

If you can, wash them in warm soapy water and dry them with a fan and hopefully under the sun. I heard boric acid helps too (add when dry). I suspect baking soda should too.

1 Like

Use cool or warm water so it doesn’t melt the glue on the shoe

Get a bucket, fill it with water and apple cider vinegar from Costco, put shoes in there and submerge for a full day, then dry it by hanging it outside but not under the sun since the sun may damage your shoes. Put optional baking soda in shoes while it dries

Though the vinegar isn’t cheap and this process will cost around 300 nt

1 Like

Give the insides a good spray of alcohol, you need to kill off the bacteria.

1 Like

pretty much anything that will kill bacteria will work. soapy water may not be enough. Steam will work but might melt the glues and distort any heat sensitive plastic parts. Alcohol will work but will affect and possibly remove the dye in any leather. dry cleaning may be good: but some bacteria can form spores that are resistant to most of these treatments and will reactivate when your shoes get hot and moist.

Soaking them in a bucket of alcohol or vinegar or even muriatic acid from a hardware store (brick cleaner) is probably the best, followed by washing in soapy water to remove the killed bacterial mass and remove the buildup of organic stuff (i.e., your dead foot skin and other dirt) that the bacteria are living on. then dry using a hairdryer or in a clothes dryer until they are hotter than you can comfortably touch…

I’d suggest using the strongest, cheapest nastiest baijiou or kaoliang. That shit smells and tastes like shitty feet anyway, so you can probably serve it to your guests later and no one would suspect a thing, so you’d be saving on costs right there.

4 Likes

I used apple cider vinegar to cure my foot fungus, so they definitely work well for killing bacteria

1 Like

In Taiwan, one can mail order HCL. no sense messing around with western macgyver style sissy nonsense. Puts hair on your chest. Can melt it off probably too.

1 Like