How to get Uber Taiwan to issue business invoice for trips?

On Uber’s trip receipts, it says “Taxi trips are not applicable for an e-invoice”. Has anyone had any luck getting a business invoice from Uber trips?

i recommend to use 5688 for this, their app has a business ride function.
they have over 10,000 cars all over Taiwan and provide good service.

1 Like

Yeah unfortunate but I may have to switch out of Uber if they can’t give business invoices

Uber gives business invoices for airport trips booked at least 5 days in advance.

1 Like

Isn’t that part of their business model or something

Remember I ordered a pile of pizzas out of own cash for company from food panda and they wouldn’t give me receipt so couldn’t claim back expenses

In the end the restaurant acquiesced

Well, is it because you ordered a yellow taxi instead of an actual Uber? If you ordered a taxi then you need to ask the driver for a receipt since you pay him directly and not Uber.

Order an actual Uber next time if you want an e-invoice.

Yes it was an actual Uber. I believe all Ubers in Taiwan have to be licensed through another company. I paid through app.

Then you should be able to see the receipt. I don’t know why it’s not showing up in your app.

You may be looking in the wrong place. Tap on the Activity tab, then look up the specific ride from the list of past rides, then tap into it (after making sure it’s an Uber trip with a white car icon, not yellow taxi). Once the trip detail opens up, you should see a Receipt button.

Yes there is a receipt, but no business invoice. A business invoice has to follow Taiwan tax bureau’s accepted format, include QR code and your business’ Tax ID, or be written on one of those invoice books, otherwise it can’t be expensed for business purposes.

Unlike other countries where you can use a paper receipt as proof, Taiwan tax bureau doesn’t accept that as sufficient proof

There is a VAT Tax ID section in Uber and I’ve entered my business Tax ID, but they never issue an invoice. Occasionally if I use Uber eats, the restaurant sends me a business invoice.

This is from the FAQ section of the Taiwan Uber website:

我有報帳需要,雲端發票可以打統編嗎?

:根據財政部規定,若跨境電商提供電子勞務的對象為營業人(大部分指公司或有統一編號的法人、團體或機構)無需開立雲端發票,因此無法打統編。若您有報帳需求,Uber 網際網路系統寄送之 email 電子明細即為您該趟行程之電子化乘車證明,或您可以透過上述步驟儲存收據(即發票資訊)。

If you don’t read Chinese, the tl;dr English version is Uber isn’t required to issue uniform invoices in Taiwan for rides because it is an overseas electronic services company.

In this case, regular receipts should be acceptable for tax purposes.

Actually I might be wrong. I was referring to Line Taxi. I have no idea if Uber does the same.

Although you can use an overseas receipt for tax, any Taiwan company paying fees to overseas companies are subject to an additional 20% tax due to that overseas company not paying local tax. So if you pay Uber 1000 NTD and report that as business expense, you need to pay the tax bureau another 200 NTD. Taiwan - Corporate - Withholding taxes

I checked out 55688 and it seems like they do issue local business invoices, so I’ll probably have to use them for business purposes

i can highly recommend them, they have a large fleet of cars, all over Taiwan and their app is very convenient to use as well. The major benefit i see with 55688 is that the trips are metered, there is no surge pricing like in Uber. I alternate between the two, depending on who is cheaper.

1 Like

I gave 55688 a try, their corporate console is in Chinese but otherwise works well.

You can add rider groups, limit number of trips per group, spending per trip, etc. And you can download a business invoice from their site. When you top up via the business console, they give you 5% bonus points (I think this is to refund VAT since it’s a sale to a local business?).

My rider app got automatically linked to my corporate account after I added it from the corporate console, and you can choose enterprise option when taking a trip / scanning QR code. Seems you can also use the app for other things like moving.

1 Like