How to get visitor visa to marry in Taiwan?

Why he/me need new documents? After marriage I will have the same surname…

As I said I hope you understand my english but for marriage i would take single certificate and marry and when I am back to my country after a year apply for visitor visa with TS (taiwanese spouse) to join family. Before marriage he wouldnt be my husband.

And when I get that visitor visa and im going to taiwan , I go for marriage check and change it for jfrv. I dont think theres a time on documents because it means nobody can marry if they dont want to stay in taiwan, as they would have problem getting resident visa later. I didnt see anyone saying that u need to come on visa marry and same time got residence. correct?

What I found is :
pplication for Residence Visa 申請居留簽證 shēn​qǐng​ jū​liú​ qiān​zhèng ​ (Application for JFRV)
If the applicant is not in Taiwan, the application is to be submitted at an R.O.C. overseas mission.
If the applicant is in Taiwan, the application is to be be submitted with the Bureau of Consular Affairs at the MOFA.

1. One set of the original household registration issued in the recent three months (with marriage registration certificate and the name of the spouse in its original/ foreign language).
  2. Marriage registration certificate issued by the applicant’s government (marriage certificate for countries without marriage registration system, i.e. if you were married in Taiwan you will have to register your marriage in your home country first!).
  3. A criminal record clearance/FBI report from your home country.
  4. Qualified health examination certificate issued by the hospitals appointed by Department of Health or foreign qualified hospitals in the recent three months. (this i will get before applying for resident visa)
  5. Passport (with validity for more than six months).
  6. Two 2-inch photographs taken in the recent six months.

and for visitor visa they need only my plane ticket , ptobably marriage certificate, bank balance and thats all.

1. One set of the original household registration issued in the recent three months (with marriage registration certificate and the name of the spouse in its original/ foreign language).
    ONLY YHIS I DONT UNDERSTAND

sorry to long, i will ask as i am there soon but need some help thanjs

The household registration is proof that it’s your legal address in Taiwan. After you’re married and you and your spouse have an apartment together, you can get household registration. It’s easiest if you buy a house/apartment together because renting and getting household registration can be a bit tricky (but not impossible)

1 Like

What if my future husband parents have their own house, can it be my household registration? Probably some months after i live in taiwan we will change it for other apartment.

Yes, that would be ideal

the new document i said is this. You may need this document to register your marriage, but for visa, your husband needs to get it from HHR office again.

You mean when I will apply for resident visa?
Is it hard to get this household registration?

When I get my visitor visa he could just take it again maybe, from hhr and i will go for health check.

That house is his parents it wouldnt be problem.to get it i think. When we marry i wont stay in taiwan long, only next year i will move and that will be a time where we stay in his parents home for a while.

I lived in Taiwan for about 5 years, married and on a visa. Didn’t have the time to get all the documents for an ARC. Went every 60 days to HK or Manila.

You mean after u were married u lived on visitor visa 5 years without applyig for residence visa? :o

:hushed:

How long are you planning to stay in Taiwan? Forever? Or just a few years?

If you just want to stay in Taiwan for a few years, there are simpler options.

I think there’s a bit of confusion because different people are suggesting different things and we’re not entirely sure what you want.

I want to marry this year in taiwan and back home to my country
next year i want to move to taiwan forever so i want to get visitor visa and change it for residence

thats my plan but i dont knw if it will work

:thinking:

Ok. Next question. If you and your husband were to ever divorce, would you:

1. Stay in Taiwan
  2. Move back to Poland
  3. Divorce isn’t an option

Divorce isnt an option. We are together really long, thats why we decided to do that.

Ok, so this is what you want:
https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-166-280-9f808-2.html

I’m assuming that your future husband is already on his parents’ household registration. You need to be added to that address. But that’s after you’re married and after you return to Taiwan for forever.

But since you’re 100% sure that the marriage will work out, you can worry about all that when you’re back in Taiwan the second time (for forever).

Yes, thats what I meant thanks.
I know that i need that resident visa but first i should apply for visitor visa in poland right? As i would prefer to have health check made in taiwan.

i found this

“Applicants who enter the R.O.C. (Taiwan) on a Visitor Visa with annotation 「TS」 may apply for a Resident Visa 8 work days before the duration of stay expires. Applicants may, without having to leave Taiwan, apply to the Bureau of Consular Affairs or any of its Central, Southwestern, Southern, or Eastern Taiwan Offices.”

Guess will work thanks:)

Yes.

Yes, apply for the visitor Visa in Poland. And yes, do the health check in Taiwan.

Make sure that your visitor Visa is multiple entry. Processing your marriage resident Visa will likely take a long time. So, you need to make sure that you have the option to leave Taiwan and come back again in the event that processing your resident Visa take longer than 3 months.

But from what i read even for single entry visitor visa you can apply for extention 2x60 days.
Because single visitor visa is easu to get muktiple isnt because u must prove where u will travel.