How to legally employ a Taiwanese maid?

Hello,

I might be able to find a Taiwanese person to do part-time cleaning job (3 hours/week) at my apartment. I would like to know what do I need to do in order to legally employ her, because for example I do not wish to pay for medical fees during all my life because she got injured at my place, or she breaks her leg while sweeping the floor. She must be covered by the Social Security and this kind of accidents would be work-related accident.

Any idea? Or does anyone have a maid/cleaning lady via a “cleaning company”??

[quote=“SK”]Hello,

I might be able to find a Taiwanese person to do part-time cleaning job (3 hours/week) at my apartment. I would like to know what do I need to do in order to legally employ her, because for example I do not wish to pay for medical fees during all my life because she got injured at my place, or she breaks her leg while sweeping the floor. She must be covered by the Social Security and this kind of accidents would be work-related accident.

Any idea? Or does anyone have a maid/cleaning lady via a “cleaning company”??[/quote]

Everybody I know who just uses a local maid pays them for their time and that’s it. They are self employed contractors in this sense and they have to pay their own insurances… just as I do for myself :smiley: