How to liven things up

Just wait 'til you find yourself old enough to be the father of one of your superiors! That’ll REALLY hurt!
And don’t listen to these wet-behind-the-ears callow youths – your wife looks mighty fine to me (although who knows what she’ll look like when she gets my blackmail demand … er … I mean my negotiation terms). Still, that’ll be your problem, not mine. Just tape the money in beside the reverb tank and pop that puppy on the train for me.[/quote]

Thanks, and she has been a trooper as I started doing nudes…I didn’t want to subject a professional model to some of my mistakes (like the series of candle light nudes where she ended up looking like a corpse). When I got back to photography, she decided she wanted to be my assistant and figured it was a good idea to view the process from the model’s standpoint (since I HATE having my photo taken…the old music promo shots were torture). And these youngsters will finally discover true sensuality after they crest the hill of mid-life :smiley::D, until then, they can have the females of their age (much to my wife’s relief :laughing: ).

Errrr…blackmail is SUCH an ugly word, couldn’t we call it “negotiation?” :smiley::smiley:

[quote=“aidiming”]Patterson wrote

Oh dear, I think that you are being unkind. I think the lady in the photos looks charming.[/quote]

No feathers ruffled, to each his own :slight_smile:. As spring springs, I think he will find more of my work to his liking. My wife once asked me “so when you do portraits of an 18 year old, it doesn’t turn you on…what about when it gets warmer and we hire models?” Too young…'e can 'ave 'em :smiley::smiley: (I hate getting old :frowning: :smiley::D).

Me too! but I suppose it’s better than dying before you get old.

Me too! but I suppose it’s better than dying before you get old.[/quote]

That’s all I ever wanted. To get old, sit on a bench, and feed the birds.
Almost there.

Me too! but I suppose it’s better than dying before you get old.[/quote]

That’s all I ever wanted. To get old, sit on a bench, and feed the birds.
Almost there.[/quote]

Me too… well, kinda… I wanna get old, sit in a rocking chair on my front porch and drink beer and get high. I figure I can’t get high now while I have responsibilities… so once I’m done with my life’s work, I plan on indulging as I did when I was an irresponsible youth.

When I turn 60 I’m gonna start smoking opium. I mean, you’re old, it’s not like you got anything better to do. Look at William Burroughs, he did that every day when he was like 80. Something like cocaine or PCP would be too hard on the ticker at that age, but something nice and soothing like marijuana or heroin would hit the spot. I mean, you’re gonna die in a few years or so anyway, so what have you got to lose?

I was just kidding about that last post of mine. I’d only become a junkie if I had some sort of terminal disease with only six months to live.

I know a great topic! Inspired by this headline today from Thailand:

news.com.au/common/story_page/0, … 62,00.html

I’m sure this kind of thing goes on in Taiwan, too. C’mon everybody, don’t be shy, share your stories of similar experiences!

I don’t know whether to laugh or…laugh harder!

[quote=“mod lang”]I was just kidding about that last post of mine. I’d only become a junkie if I had some sort of terminal disease with only six months to live.

I know a great topic! Inspired by this headline today from Thailand:

news.com.au/common/story_page/0, … 62,00.html

I’m sure this kind of thing goes on in Taiwan, too. C’mon everybody, don’t be shy, share your stories of similar experiences!

I don’t know whether to laugh or…laugh harder![/quote]
Laugh-a while-a you can, monkey boy! Courtesy of the WSJ’s OpJ’s BotW yesterday (great minds must think alike :mrgreen: ):
Swedes have more and more animal sex
“Animal sex is not illegal in Sweden, and every year between 200 and 300 pets are injured because of sexual assaults.”

I don’t wanna grow old! When you do you hurt, and ache, and have to take medicines that make you sick, and can’t eat, and watch family and friends die all around you, and you can’t do nothing or go anywhere, and poop all over yourself, Etc. This is reality. I spend over 6 hours a day as a volunteer in a nursing home. But, what can you do about it? Getting old sucks right at the top of the list of things that really suck!

Getting old is okay when you consider the alternative.

What, eternal youth :laughing:? errr…oh :frowning:. Maybe you are right :slight_smile:.

Not true.
Most of the really old and sick people I know just want to get the suffering over with and die!! But their family and the doctors and the nursing home wont let them (mostly the family).