How To Make An Animated Music Video

So I’m trying to make a short 1min animated music video. I’m hiring people to make the vocals from a song I wrote. I also need the music to sing over it. And then the animation done.

I’m unclear on if I get the raw vocals done first or the music to sing over first? Or does it matter?

Anyone familiar with this field that can give me some guidance before I start the project?

Many thanks

I’m not an expert, but I can give you some general ideas. You probably want to start with the drum and bass part first (I’m assuming your musicians are in various different locations). Other instruments can be recorded on however many tracks you need; the vocal part would probably be the last thing you do. The mixing process then allows you a lot of leeway to modify any individual part as desired (with ambiance or autotune, for example). You really need a professional here - certainly it’s possible to do it yourself, but there’s a hell of a learning curve.

Of course if you can get everyone in the same room it gets a bit simpler, or if you’re using only electronic instruments, but you still need a professional to help you get the best out of your microphone setup and deal with the final mix. Depends how slick it needs to be, I guess.

1 Like