How to pay NHI card by my self if I am not currently employed

Hello everyone, my work contract just end I will change my resdincy to join family visa as my husband is graduate student in Taiwan or may be to work holiday visa if this option is not available, but I don’t know about the NHI card monthly payment it was previously deducted directly from my salary every month, now after end the job how I can pay it by myself? thank you in advance

I think it will be deducted from your husband’s paycheck. He needs to enroll you into NHI with his company. His boss or HR department should know what to do.

You not only can, but you must. Just go to the NHI office. Your former company should have given you a document stating they are canceling payments for your coverage effective on your last day. I took this to the NHI office and only had to pay for a 3 week gap between jobs. But they told me that I had a 2 month gap between jobs when I changed several years before. I had just assumed I didn’t have coverage during that time, but they told me it was mandatory while I was still on an ARC. I think I had an extension between jobs. They never called or emailed me about it, they just waited until I came into the office three years later.
Take the form from your company to the underwriting desk. If you don’t speak Chinese, show the form to the help desk people and they’ll give you a number and point you in the right direction. It’s not the place most people are taking numbers and for. If your company didn’t give you a form, just go there anyway and tell them you want to self-pay and I’m sure they’ll straighten it out.

2 Likes

yeah, at nhi they r quite helpful.

1 Like

They don’t necessarily have to give you the document, it will be submitted online as well and NHI will be able to see it after 1 or 2 business days. However if you have the physical document that can’t hurt to bring with you.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for replying I go to my district NHI center and they said I need to wait untill receive the new ARC as I Chang the resdincy status then come back to the office to update my data and make the self payment.

Thank you very much for your reply.Do you remember if you go to doctor and your NHI card work at this gap? Because they told me I am not covered untill receive my new ARC

Didn’t try. Just do what I said earlier and you’ll be covered. It’s been over a week. You could have had this sorted by now.