How to register for iRent with digital/paper ARC?

Hey folks,

I’m a language student at 師大 MTC for almost a year now with my digital ARC.

I tried registering on iRent and they keep refusing my ARC, and I can’t get a hold of their support. Wemo and GoShare accepted it, even the Taipei Motor Vehicles Office accepted it when I went to exchange my license for the Taiwanese one.

So do I register for iRent, or if you guys have other apps that offer similar services, or local rental shops around 師大,古亭站 area let me know, thanks!

I am so so sorry you had to go through with this. My condolences.

Haven’t you received an ARC card? I thought it was six months.

Haven’t you received an ARC card? I thought it was six months.

After 4 months of being here, I got my ARC and it’s in digital form. When I asked for the card, they said because my ARC only lasts 3 months (I have to extend it each term - 3 months at a time, so it’s never above 6 months), and not above 6 months, so they can’t provide me with a card (which makes sense). What I don’t understand is why iRent just wouldn’t accept it, even when the Immigration officers at the airport do when I fly into Taiwan.

I am so so sorry you had to go through with this. My condolences.

Oh why? Did you have a bad experience? I feel pretty okay about it.

this might be a cause. they say you need an ARC with validity of three months or more from the date of application, on their facebook.

this might be a cause. they say you need an ARC with validity of three months or more from the date of application, on their facebook.

Interesting, I’ll try again once I extend my ARC cause then the validity will definitely be more than 3 months.

Do you have a local license?

Do you have a local license?

Yes, both from my country and the Taiwanese one