How to report restaurants that allow smoking?

Isn’t it supposed to be illegal now?

1 Like

I know some restaurants/bars that stop serving food at certain hour and then allow smoking. Maybe licenses allow smoking when no food is being served but I don’t really know.

There must be some license for example cigar bars, even in the some hotels, have a license for inside smoking.

Some places have separate rooms where smoking is allowed. Or, they open the doors and it is considered “out-doors” seating (like 熱潮 places).

1 Like

this exemption was removed.

Tobacco Hazards Prevention Act
Article 18
Smoking is completely prohibited in the following places:

(11) indoor areas of hotels, shopping malls, restaurants, bars, nightclubs, or other places for public consumption, with the exceptions of those locations with independent air- conditioning systems and separate compartment for indoor smoking rooms or cigar clubs;

Enforcement Rules of the Tobacco Hazards Prevention Act
Article 7
The cigar clubs, which are mentioned in Sub-paragraph 11 of Paragraph 1 of Article 18 of this Act, are places for using or selling cigars.
The cigar clubs in the preceding Paragraph shall meet the following requirements:
(1) Their business includes the retail of cigars.
(2) The turnover from cigars or related utensils accounts for 50% or more of their total turnover.
(3) Their facilities are sufficient to prevent the emissions or odor of cigar smoking from emitting to the staff only area or outside their premise.

how to report
you can call 0800-531-531

2 Likes

I’ve never been to a nightclub where smoking was not allowed. I guess it’s not enforced.