How to take advantage of strong TWD

Buy more weapons?

3 Likes

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4392011-bearish-tone-in-dollar-index-even-incoming-administration-advocates-for-strong-dollar-policy

“ President Trump renegotiated NAFTA and it was replaced with the USMCA. The administration viewed a weaker dollar as a benefit during the trade war with China.”

1 Like

Billions seem to be flowing in into Taiwan, much more than usual.

People are saying this trend is going to continue well into next year.

2 Likes

5 Likes

ING is predicting a EUR to USD rate of 1.3 at the end of 2021.

1 Like

I think America wants to lose.

Seriously they want to compete with China then address why are companies flocking there.

Pound about to fall below 37, as well.

Thats a long timeline for forex predictions. Not very reliable.

1 Like

Cheap labor because it often is actual slave labor?

TWD to USD exchange rate appears to be at an all-time-high

1 USD = 28.12 TWD

1 TWD = 0.036 USD

1000 TWD = 35.56 USD

1 Like

Are you all holding savings in NTD or changing to USD? I’m a finance noob and was thinking about changing most of savings to USD.

Saving as much as possible (easier to do since we can’t really travel now anyway), and sending it all into investment accounts in the US.

The only downside is how much higher our TWD salaries look when converted to USD for the IRS. :astonished:

My TWD is automatically changed to USD when I put funds in savings/investment, because my accounts are in the US. I only use my Taiwan bank account to receive my paycheck and pay my living expenses here. The recent exchange rates have me more conscious of wanting to save as much USD as possible, though, and to spend as little as possible in Taiwan.

Not happening.
Now 1:1.12

2 Likes

EUR will get close to parity with USD again soon. Powell looking for rate hike while Lagarde said “no way”. ECB will have to follow Fed eventually though.

A little perspective:

3 Likes

HSBC giving me NT$32.0665 for one US$ today.

I’m thinking … time to buy NT$

I guess this is what happens when the central bank rate is 2% in Taiwan and 4.5% - 5% in EU and US.
Great for borrowers but not good for savers.