How was your ride today?

Now you say … always went straight to the zoo’s elephant section as a child :yum:

2 Likes

Decided to focus a bit more on my elevation targets from this month on, and what’s easier from Tamsui than going up with the 101 to Erzhiping.

The west side climbing was absolutely gorgeous in the sunshine, what a privilege to have that all at my doorstep.
Intended to decent to Jinshan, but the fog changed into heavy rain once on the east side, and I decided to return.
Still added 885m to this week :partying_face:.

8 Likes

I always forget how beautiful that lake is. Need to make sure I stop on my rides to take in the view.

4 Likes

Spinergy wheels! who looks at cherry blossoms or big legs when there are Spinergy wheels on display?!

3 Likes

I really miss that climb. One of my absoulte favourites in Taipei. My other favourite is up the North 29 to the saddle from XiZhi, then down to Psycho Squirrel Bridge, along ZhiShan road for a bit, then divert on the lovely little climb of Jiannan road back to the city (cutting under the airport runway at the top of FuHsing illegally but outpacing cars in the tunnel. LOL)

Now there’s no mountains where I live, only brutal short hills or flat.

Psycho squirrel bridge, took me a bit to realize where that was haha

it’s one of the animals carved into the bridge… take a look next time!

Thanks, knowing your stuff I see!
They are like having a relation with a black widow … you know she is gonne kill you one day, but it is too addictive …

Bought them in 1997 in the Da’an Giant store (Jimmy for the ones who remember…), and I love to ride this bike now as much as I did then.

1 Like

I have been lucky to test ride this Parlee this past Saturday and it was just such a fun ride. Stiff and comfortable is what I want now on my n+1 bike and this Parlee checked all the boxes. The saddle itself was a bit too slanted down for me, but despite that, it was still a sweet sweet ride.

For the time being, cycling is still a good way to avoid the virus scare.

:white_check_mark: Avoid crowded places
:white_check_mark: Keep a safe distance from people
:white_check_mark: Do not use public transportation
:white_check_mark: Expose yourself to sunlight
:white_check_mark: Avoid places with recirculated air
:white_check_mark: Boost immunity with fresh air
:white_check_mark: Self-isolating
:white_check_mark: Keep a positive attitude

Tell me cycling doesn’t check all those marks. I think it’s safe to say that we cyclists can continue to ride in Taiwan, as long as we are not making long coffee stops in big groups.

3 Likes

That’s a sweet looking bike.

1 Like

It was actually my own fault for not adjusting the saddle before taking off.

I figured, saddle height was my only concern and jetted off.

Cycling is forbidden in some EU countries at the moment due to coronavirus. Go figure.

1 Like

Yeah, hopefully Taiwan doesn’t go that route. The emphasis should be placed on group gatherings and contact with others, cycling or otherwise. Fining people alone on a country road (which appears to be happening in Spain and Italy) seems misguided to me.

1 Like

they all want to be in pelotons of 25 or more riders.
lots of sweat flying in the air

BS, only there where there is a lock down, which we do not have in TW (yet).
@ranlee Sweet ride!
And yes, all my exact same considerations, if only the rain should stop … otherwise this week will be a trow-away.

1 Like

What’s happening with the Focus frame? :slight_smile:

Ahh, you :).
Below says enough, right?

3 Likes

Nice job!

1 Like

Well, I guess I hadn’t thought about the reason cited in this article…if you crash you’ll strain hospital resources…

Not a very strict one. You can walk your dog!