How well do you know your fellow forumosans?

[quote=“marboulette”]No, no. It’s just too easy. Since you posted your answers, and since I won, here’s mine:

1- Used to sport the signature: “It’s what you do when no one is looking that counts.”

2- This poster I miss dearly, more than any other former posters. His handle is a literal reflection of REALLY difficult times in his life and his move to Taiwan. After he left Taiwan, he stopped posting. :frowning: I hope he’s alright.

3- Single parent who used to live in Renwu, just outside of Kaohsiung, where he/she fed strays and homeless folks. And no, you can’t out yourself, let others guess first, please.

4- Big-hearted fellow, and the only poster who would not download copyright files even if his life depended on it. Dead set against piracy. Probably my favorite on par with #2 above.

5- This poster posted a long post in which he claimed having killed someone when he was younger and never got caught for it. He later said that it was not true, but to this day I don’t believe him. I still think he did it, but he had no intentions in doing so according to his post.

marboulette[/quote]

1. I remember the signature but not the poster.
  2. Sorry, I don’t know.
  3. Opps, I must have been drinking when she posted! :blush:
  4. Probably gay. :wink:
  5. I missed that one. Sounds like fun (in a weird way).

[quote=“almas john”]4. The female poster most likely to cause shrinkage of the willy. Well, her huge vocab gives some posters wood, but I’m afriad I ran this throught a really big computer and it came up with “Buttercup.”
[/quote]

Well. Contrarians are not likely to be starting threads in D&R, now, are they?
:raspberry:

I told you that yours were too easy. Now we have a real challenge. Do you know your forumosans or not?! hehe

marboulette

[quote=“marboulette”]I told you that yours were too easy. Now we have a real challenge. Do you know your forumosans or not?! hehe

marboulette[/quote]

I know the answers but I’m not playing. It wouldn’t be fair.

Can we have a Q 'Which male forumosan is most likely to make you drier ‘n the surface of the moon?’

[quote=“Buttercup”][quote=“marboulette”]I told you that yours were too easy. Now we have a real challenge. Do you know your forumosans or not?! hehe

marboulette[/quote]

I know the answers but I’m not playing. It wouldn’t be fair.[/quote]Liar, Liar, pants on fire. I think you probably know most of the answers, indeed. If you just give me the answer to number 2, I’ll believe you 100%.

marboulette

I think my clues are too hard, especially for newer posters. I’ll post the answers before I head to bed later.

marboulette

1-sandman

2-OutofChaos

3-Housecat

4-Big Fluffy

5-Mother Teresa

marboulette

[quote=“Buttercup”][quote=“marboulette”]I told you that yours were too easy. Now we have a real challenge. Do you know your forumosans or not?! hehe

marboulette[/quote]

I know the answers but I’m not playing. It wouldn’t be fair.

Can we have a Q 'Which male forumosan is most likely to make you drier ‘n the surface of the moon?’[/quote]

Make you “drier”? Mmm, drier as in you want to give up the booze no doubt. Actually, I think the forumosan drunkards are pretty well behaved.

[quote]1- Used to sport the signature: "It’s what you do when no one is looking that counts."sandman

2- This poster I miss dearly, more than any other former posters. His handle is a literal reflection of REALLY difficult times in his life and his move to Taiwan. After he left Taiwan, he stopped posting. I hope he’s alright. -OutofChaos

3- Single parent who used to live in Renwu, just outside of Kaohsiung, where he/she fed strays and homeless folks. And no, you can’t out yourself, let others guess first, please. Housecat (M, you should have mentioned something about her …)

4- Big-hearted fellow, and the only poster who would not download copyright files even if his life depended on it. Dead set against piracy. Probably my favorite on par with #2 above. Big Fluffy (the Fluffer to his good friends

5- This poster posted a long post in which he claimed having killed someone when he was younger and never got caught for it. He later said that it was not true, but to this day I don’t believe him. I still think he did it, but he had no intentions in doing so according to his post. Mother Teresa (aka Golden Boy)
marboulette[/quote]

I’ve put the clues and answers together.

[quote]M, you should have mentioned something about her …[/quote]Well, she’s a strong kitten for sure that one. Love her contribution here to bits although I don’t know her well. It was kind of the point of my post in a way. I selected these posters for a reason, you know, and if they read they will know… That’s good enough for me. There are many more, too, and you certainly are one of them even if your penchant for sheep is a big turn off. :wink:

marboulette

OutofChaos passed away in 2005. Here is the post from his son.

Oh for fuck sakes… You really rain on my day, here, man. But thank you kindly for informing me. I had no clue. Him and I exchanged many emails and I considered him a real friend even if he was an online friend. I was going through a tough patch at the time… I lost touch with him sometimes after he left Taiwan.

marboulette

I kept re-writing that post but everything seemed inadequate. I even thought about not posting hoping someone else would be the one. But in the end I thought you should know. It has been a while so maybe you might consider contacting his family to tell them how much you respected him or how much he meant to you. Only you can decide whether or not it is appropriate. Anyway, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Sad stuff. Somtimes people whom you share an affinity with in cyber-space just disappear. One normally assumes that they are preoccupied. I sometimes wonder that if I expired, what would my fellow Forumosans think? That I had tired of them and moved on to Tealit? The horror.

I thought only EYE remembered that post from OutofChaos’ son about his passing, elektronisk. Nice to know you remembered it as well.

I only met OutofChaos once at one of my first Happy Meals and he wrote me afterward and we exchanged a few pleasantries, and I never realized I made such an impression on him. Sigh, if he only knew what a bitch I was. He was very kind to me, as opposed to most of you assholes!!

When his son posted about his passing I was shocked. I still think of him from time to time when I’m reading Forumosa, and about that first year I was on board.

Very gentle gentleman indeed.

It’s alright, elektronisk. Taken by surprise, but I prefer to know, as strange as that may sound. This man really humbled me. That sig is there to stay. Call it a tribute to great man and a good friend.

marboulette

In your case, I’d probably wonder if you overdosed… Keep it together, you moron. :thumbsup:

marb

[quote=“almas john”]Okay, your ideas may differ, but I reckon any regular user and abuser of the flob should be able to identify the following sorry examples of humanity.

1. Bad spelling but we don’t notice (distracted by her fine figure).[/quote]

I thought this was me at first until I got to the bit about the fine figure–has to be Namahottie, but thanks for including me!

[quote=“marboulette”][quote]M, you should have mentioned something about her …[/quote]Well, she’s a strong kitten for sure that one. Love her contribution here to bits although I don’t know her well. It was kind of the point of my post in a way. I selected these posters for a reason, you know, and if they read they will know… That’s good enough for me. There are many more, too, and you certainly are one of them even if your penchant for sheep is a big turn off. :wink:

marboulette[/quote]

Aww! Thank you, Marboulette! So sweet. I really appreciate being appreciated!

Yep, they would make a damn fine sandwich! :slight_smile:[/quote]

Urmmm . . . . . I just don’t know what to say to that!

I make a fine sandwich too.

Damn, there’s the line I was looking for! No doubt, Buttercup. I’d lunch with you anytime.