How/where do I get a tourist visa to China in Taipei?

I did a search first using the keywords “China” and “visa” and there were just too many irrelevant posts, so I figure I would just start a new one :stuck_out_tongue:

So, how do I go back procuring a multiple-entry tourist visa to China in Taipei? I heard that you could do it in Hong Kong, but how long is the turnaround time?

And no, I don’t mean “taibaozheng.”

Thanks in advance.

Edit: and yes, I see that there is a discussion thread here: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … &start=100
But how current is it? The OP mentioned having to purchase a ticket to Beijing, but I thought that you’d have to have a travel visa first? And there are direct flights now aren’t they?

Most TW travel agencies have the ability to process a Chinese visa BUT it takes up to 10 days AND you’re without your passport for that time, since the multiple-entry visa is obviously pasted in the pages. My last visa (F: business, 1-year, 60-day multiple-entry) was around 7500NTD and took 8 days.

I use Da-shu (Big Tree) Travel Agency but they don’t speak English (as far as I know).

From Lonely Planet: "Hong Kong is still the best place to pick up a visa for China. China Travel Service (CTS) will be able to obtain one for you, or you can apply directly to the Visa Office of the People’s Republic of China (3413 2300; 7th fl, Lower Block, China Resources Centre, 26 Harbour Rd, Wan Chai; 9am-noon & 2-5pm Mon-Fri). Visas processed here in one/two/three days cost HK$400/300/150. Double-entry visas are HK$220, while six-month/one-year multiple-entry visas are HK$400/600 (plus HK$150/250 for express/urgent service). Be aware that American and UK passport holders must pay considerably more for their visas. You must supply two photos, which can be taken at photo booths in the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) or at the visa office for HK$35.

Five-day visas are available at the Luóhú border crossing between Hong Kong and Shēnzhèn. They are valid for Shēnzhèn only, however, and at the time of writing US citizens still had to apply in advance in Hong Kong or already have a visa. Three-day visas are also available at the Macau–Zhūhǎi border (MOP$150 for most nationalities, MOP$450 for British) between 8.30am and 10pm. US citizens have to buy a visa in advance in Macau or Hong Kong."

Some leave Songshan, Terminal 2 (the blue building to the left of the main terminal, used to be just offices). Here is a schedule list, mostly Chinese but you can read some of them anyway. The tabs at the top of the table are useful. If you can’t read the chickenscratch, ask a Chinaman to help you - hopefully they won’t take your legs in Korea :wink:

http://www.tsa.gov.tw/CustomerSet/tsa/tp_FlightScheduleCoast/u_fsout_v.asp?id={E3167C9C-76C7-4299-8393-75308DDB91BA}

I checked China Travel Service (CTS) today. There are a Hong Kong-based company with an office in Taipei. I’ve used them before in Hong Kong.

An American passport with an ARC or an APRC will get you a China Visa in seven days for NTD$9300. That’s all the info I have right now I don’t how many entries or anything like that.

beijing now has visa free for onward tickets for 6 days, same as shanghai. all i need now is the guangdong/ shenzhen region to follow and i’ll be good. buying an onward ticket shouldn’t be much of a price difference to buying a visa from what i have gathered.

I thought they already had that in Guangdong, but only if you use Baiyun Airport (Guangzhou).

Great summary on transit visa and entry locations.

https://www.shanghaiexpat.com/guides/visa/how-travel-china-without-visa

awesome, didn’t see that. gonna have a couple of trips to china next year then.

Does third country mean that

a) Taiwan to Shanghai then return to Taiwan

or

b) Taiwan to Shanghai to Hong Kong?

Tad confused… I guess the clue is ‘transit’.

b)

The China Embassy charges US passport holders US$140/NT$4300 standardized around the world, but there is no China Embassy in Taiwan.

The only way to get visa without leaving Taiwan is to use a travel agent.
CTS (based in Hong Kong) in Taiwan is reliable at around NT$10000 in 7 days.

Stopping in Hong Kong enroute to China is another option where you can one for NT$5000 in 4 days (which means 4 days of hotel bills and food) or NT$8000 in 2 days. Unfortunately, you no longer get a same-day Visa at the Hong Kong airport as you transit to your next flight to China.

Philippines is the cheapest place to get visa at almost the exact rate that the Embassy charges. But not really cheaper overall unless you have another reason to go Philippines.

1 Like