How wonderful is Taiwan?

It is like the only paradise on earth… the only place where man can learn to be ordinary and happy at the same time… no rat race… no competition… just living at peace and in harmony with each other…

Taiwan may be a pretty damn good place to live, but it’s not that good…

A fine example of sarcasm. Nice!

Put down that pipe…

It’s like the longest wet day you have ever known and then a little more.

It stops itching after a couple of years…

… as wonderful as a hot bowl of chou doufu on a chilly, damp autumn night.

As I am in Korea at the moment and adoring Taiwan from afar, I can only assume Taiwan is a magical wonderland where man and beast live in harmony. Cats and dogs cuddle in the sun and every day is spent skipping through fields of beautiful daisies as the rainbows magically appear overhead, even though it hasn’t rained - in Taiwan, the butterflies shit the rainbows out, and their rainbowshit cures AIDS. It wouldn’t ever rain, because Taiwan is magic. Like fuckin’ Hogwarts. Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists - all come to live in harmony on the one island where hatred is non-existent and butterflies shit AIDS-curing rainbows. .

If Taiwan doesn’t live up to my expectations, I will be severely disappointed.

[quote=“waegookin”]As I am in Korea at the moment and adoring Taiwan from afar, I can only assume Taiwan is a magical wonderland where man and beast live in harmony. Cats and dogs cuddle in the sun and every day is spent skipping through fields of beautiful daisies as the rainbows magically appear overhead, even though it hasn’t rained - in Taiwan, the butterflies shit the rainbows out, and their rainbowshit cures AIDS. It wouldn’t ever rain, because Taiwan is magic. Like fuckin’ Hogwarts. Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists - all come to live in harmony on the one island where hatred is non-existent and butterflies shit AIDS-curing rainbows. .

If Taiwan doesn’t live up to my expectations, I will be severely disappointed.[/quote]

Even better than that. There is a better range of chocolate in 7-11 than in Korea :discodance:

:notworthy:
Smells like…
Classic!

[quote=“Funk500”][quote=“waegookin”]As I am in Korea at the moment and adoring Taiwan from afar, I can only assume Taiwan is a magical wonderland where man and beast live in harmony. Cats and dogs cuddle in the sun and every day is spent skipping through fields of beautiful daisies as the rainbows magically appear overhead, even though it hasn’t rained - in Taiwan, the butterflies shit the rainbows out, and their rainbowshit cures AIDS. It wouldn’t ever rain, because Taiwan is magic. Like fuckin’ Hogwarts. Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists - all come to live in harmony on the one island where hatred is non-existent and butterflies shit AIDS-curing rainbows. .

If Taiwan doesn’t live up to my expectations, I will be severely disappointed.[/quote]

Even better than that. There is a better range of chocolate in 7-11 than in Korea :discodance:[/quote]

Are you trying to torture me?

Every day is a celebration in Taiwan:

Bao Gong Temple Festival by Mucha Man, on Flickr

Man and nature in harmony:

Jhuilu Trail1, Taroko National Park, Taiwan by Mucha Man, on Flickr

Woman and nature in harmony:

Chesnut Tiger Butterfly on Gilrs Arm, Yangmingshan National Park, Taiwan by Mucha Man, on Flickr

Where was that second pic taken? Pretty awesome.

I’m gonna go way out on a limb here and say:

Jhuilu Trail1, Taroko National Park, Taiwan

But that’s solely based on the caption under the picture. :smiley:

I’m gonna go way out on a limb here and say:

Jhuilu Trail1, Taroko National Park, Taiwan

But that’s solely based on the caption under the picture. :smiley:[/quote]

LOL - yes, yes indeed. Sorry I was reading on the iPhone earlier and somehow either missed that. :blush:

[quote=“Mucha Man”]Every day is a celebration in Taiwan:

Bao Gong Temple Festival by Muzha Man, on Flickr

Jhuilu Trail1, Taroko National Park, Taiwan by Muzha Man, on Flickr

Chesnut Tiger Butterfly on Gilrs Arm, Yangming Shan National Park, Taiwan by Muzha Man, on Flickr[/quote]

interesting flickr page about taiwan.

bit of a constructive criticism (i hope). was just looking thru your photos (the mountain photos in particular), i think you should look at some tutorials on zone system. you dont want to white out the sky. see the one taken by your hiking partner you posted on there. hope to see more great scenery shots from your hikes.

[quote=“waegookin”]As I am in Korea at the moment and adoring Taiwan from afar, I can only assume Taiwan is a magical wonderland where man and beast live in harmony. Cats and dogs cuddle in the sun and every day is spent skipping through fields of beautiful daisies as the rainbows magically appear overhead, even though it hasn’t rained - in Taiwan, the butterflies shit the rainbows out, and their rainbowshit cures AIDS. It wouldn’t ever rain, because Taiwan is magic. Like fuckin’ Hogwarts. Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists - all come to live in harmony on the one island where hatred is non-existent and butterflies shit AIDS-curing rainbows. .

I am presently in Taiwan by the way.

And AIDS is a fraud. Check out House of Numbers.

youtube.com/watch?v=WQoNW7lOnT4

Chesnut Tiger Butterfly on Gilrs Arm, Yangming Shan National Park, Taiwan by Muzha Man, on Flickr[/quote]

When I saw the photos and the captions, I knew immediately that it must be your post, Muzha Man… even without looking at the author’s name… :discodance:

It’s a pretty good place to live.

Marks out of ten I’d probably give the country eight and I’d definitely give the women one.

Amazing pictures. I spent 7 glorious years calling the isle paradise my 2nd home. I’ve been stateside for just over 2 months, and as I slowly readapt to life back home, I long for Formosa more often than not.

I’ll be back in a few years to settle down for keeps, or make the USA home again, whilst visiting the 'Wan as often as possible. For now, I’ll live vicariously through all of my friends who are still on the rock, and appreciate moments and memories – thanks for those pictures, Mucha Man, which gave me quite a few minutes of pause and warmth, as I think back …