How would you rate 2020

It’s been the strangest of years. I’ve never been better off although I actually took a temp pay cut and was worried about my job security for a bit.
Got into some new hobbies in Taiwan that I simply didn’t have time to pursue and ticked off a lot of places I’d not really managed to visit before e.g. boat trip to Matsu islands. So it has been far from wasted.

Really want to see my family back in the homeland , haven’t been in almost two years already. Had some long term plans that I’ve had to put on a back burner cos of covid. Career is in a bit of stasis.
But overall very glad that I decided to stay in Taiwan a while longer last year before all this kicked off , for once the right decision .
Family are all doing well here they are hardly bothered by covid at all.

5 Likes

2020, 2+0+2+0=4!

1 Like

Basically.

3 Likes

And we never would have met!

3 Likes

Could we add:
7. F***in’ amazing.

thanks

1 Like

Bezos would say: “I want more of that!”

I’ll wait until the end of 2021 before I rate this one. Could be back to normal or way worse. We might say then that 2020 wasn’t actually that bad in comparison.

I am kind of pessimistic.

1 Like

It’s very likely that I’ll never have to go through the hell of a daily commute ever again, so I would say that on a very personal and selfish level I’ve done pretty well. I can’t express how much that one thing has benefited me psychologically and mentally.

Worst part was the lack of social interaction. Didn’t go anywhere, didn’t get any action.

But while being stuck, I learned Hebrew and got paid for sports writing for the first time.

I got out of a tough employment situation and transferred branches.

The economic downturn didn’t hit me at all, as I’m in a very stable sector. It may hit rents in the near future, I don’t know.

Good riddance 2020

1 Like

On the plus side, I think there might finally be more clarity around the world about what Beijing is up to—and also more clarity about what Taiwan can bring to the table.

On the downside, pretty much everything else!

Guy

Aren’t you a millionaire?

Why is your mom treating you like your twelve?

2 Likes

My mom requires that I keep Find My Friends active at all times so she knows where I am, is this normal?

For asian families maybe.

For American families this is highly irregular. Even puritan families aren’t this controlling.

If you are making so much, means your family is under your care. They should be giving you a LOT of independence if you are bringing in that much money.

My mom always discourages me from lifting weights, out of safety concerns. There’s no way to regulate me, as we live on different coasts.

What’s in Matsu? (Taiwan travel noob here)

Don’t all moms do that?

I’ve had worse years.

No.