How

When the search function is acting all funny! :frowning:

As any self-respecting woman, I do most of my Forumosa browsing based on the Vanity Search, i.e., I

When you are done with the PA, we could use her or him over here with the rebuilding.

Iā€™ll rebuild the wordmatch table, which is the database that the search function relies on to find things on the website. I cleared this table yesterday - last week, when I emptied the table, it grew to about 70,000 words over the weekend. Before that, it was 17 million words (or maybe that was 1.7 million - I forget, but it was big). Weā€™ll know again soon enough.

Incidentally, Iā€™m unsure how long it will take to rebuild the wordmatch table. The tool Iā€™m using only indexes 100 words at a time and it seems to take most of a minute each set. Since Thu and Fri are the heaviest days on Forumosa, and Sunday and Saturday are the lightest, Iā€™ve put off doing this till then.

Iā€™ll look into removing that ā€œYou canā€™t do another searchā€¦ā€ thing. This is something called ā€œFlood controlā€. Unless someone points me in the right direction sooner, Iā€™ll want to research why itā€™s here now (there could be a good reason - technical or security) and then how to work around it. So weā€™re going to live with it for sometime

When I saw Vanity Search, I thought you were referring to the ā€œOWNā€ link above. In phpBB parlance, they call this an egosearch :slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œtashā€]When the search function is acting all funny! :frowning:

As any self-respecting woman, I do most of my Forumosa browsing based on the Vanity Search, i.e., I

You can still do a Google search.

2.28 million hits for Tash: google.com/search?hl=en&q=ta ā€¦ gle+Search

The number 1 response:

Good for you. :bravo:

Just a few entries down: the ā€œGash or Tash?ā€ photo quiz :whistle:
www2.b3ta.com/gash-or-tash/

Below that: ā€œPluck that Tashā€ :idunno:
weebls-stuff.com/games/Pluck+that+tash/

And at the bottom of page one, the Wikipedia entry explains that:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tash_(fiction

There, are you happy? :wink:

Tash Tash Tash Tash Taaaaaaaaaash Tash Tash Tashhhhhhhh Tash Tash

To save you some time, I was teasing Croatia in this post:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi ā€¦ 524#553524

Tash Tash Tash Tash Tash Tash Tashitytashtash

Yes! 100%! I can tell my tash from my gash. Youā€™re quite safe with me Jaboney.

Thanks, everyone! :slight_smile:

MT, I havenā€™t checked out those links yetā€¦ Iā€™m kind of scared what I might find out, to tell you the truth :astonished:

Goose Egg, thanks for the ā€œegosearchā€ tip. I donā€™t know if this is helpful to you at this stage, but I just did another search and I only got todayā€™s results (but I think you already explained this), and they were displayed as links to threads only, whereas before Iā€™d get specific posts as results. This could be difficult when threads are very long. Iā€™m sure you were going to take care of this anyway, but I thought Iā€™d mention just in case.

Iā€™ll let you have my PA when Iā€™m done with him. :slight_smile: