HR agencies for foreigners

The company I work for has an open position that needs to be filled.
While the position is open for both Taiwanese and foreigners, it is hard for them to hire a foreigner that doesn’t have an open work permit. That’s because the company has no revenue in Taiwan and, as a result, cannot support a work permit.
Back home, some agencies acted as a middleman and could deal with the related paperwork, which would make hiring foreigners easier for my company.
Is there such a thing in Taiwan? Is that even legal here?

1 Like

Yeah it’s called employer of record service, you can do a Google search and find lots of companies. I don’t have one to recommend. They can employ your employee for you and you pay them a little extra on top. Totally legal I think.

Edit: Actually I don’t think they can apply for a work permit, that’s more complicated. So probably only for employing locals.

I think everything you said before this was true. I’m pretty sure they issue work permits.

@DunderMifflin might know something about this.

This is very interesting. Please tell more.

I wonder if this would work for a foreign owned company that wanted to hire a foreigner in addition to the work permit for the CEO/owner.

That sound like what we need.
I’d appreciate any recommendations, is someone knows such services.
I wouldn’t want to get a random company from a google search result and end up with a shaddy office that may even screw a fellow foreigner…

Open a company. Then you can issue Fapiaos.

As if it was that easy…
Without reaching a certain revenue threshold, a company cannot sponsor a working visa. That’s why we are stuck to hiring local talents or foreigners with OWP.

1 Like

There are two companies in Taiwan that I know of which offer this service:

https://www.11fleet.com/

and

Besides that, there are some global options such as

3 Likes

Thank you!
I will check them out.
Have you worked with any of them before?

No, I don’t have any clients in Taiwan (so no need to issue Fapiaos) and no employees besides me (so no need for work permits), so no need for me right now to spend money on an EOR / similar service.

Personally, I would only look into them again should the authorities have some issue with working remotely for an overseas employer in the future.

1 Like

iirc we had someone in the gold card chat who runs a company doing this very thing. Not a personal recommendation per se, but at least they’re vetted by somebody in some way?

Edit: That company is TalentX which is mentioned above.

1 Like

I did it.

I’ve been hired by an overseas employer through Remote.com

They have a legal entity in Taipei and work as an EOR, so your “official employer” for all forms is Remote Taiwan Ltd. and they send you your paychecks and tax forms. All the local benefits and laws apply to you. But you work full-time for a “client” i.e. the overseas company. Your interaction with Remote.com is limited to their website, which is basically an HR Portal where you can access your payslips and other documents, file tickets and so forth.

Deel.com offers the same EOR service. Both have been very reliable so far with me.

3 Likes

Oh, you mean that the qualified foreigner should open a company and sell their services that way?

Yes. Just open a company. Get your ARC and work permit for your own company. Send a Fapiao for services rendered.

Would that work for a full-time position too?
The company has openings for engineers, marketing and PM positions.
I just don’t like to see good foreigner candidates being eliminated from the selection process because the company’s revenue is not in Taiwan, even though they have a office here.

Sure. Why not? Services rendered for ‘consulting’.

I’m a foreigner with a Taiwanese ID. Is there anywhere I can check out these positions?

You are not a foreigner.

6 Likes

Yeah I’m hired as full-time employee. It’s very seamless I must say. As far as Taiwan is concerned, I work for a Taiwanese employer (Remote Taiwan Ltd). So I pay taxes, get NHI, laobao all the stuff.

1 Like