Hsinchu's Relax Disco - Anyone been there?

I haven’t set foot in Relax Disco since other discos opened up in Hsinchu.

Early this morning around 3am I was driving past the place and saw a crowd of around 150~200 outside. I stopped and watched. Around fifteen minutes later a group of 8 jumped off their motorcycles and clubbed a guy using iron bars. I guess it was about an earlier incident. Wish I had my cam…could’ve had it for everyone to watch.

Just last week I heard a foreigner say that he was going to go there. I mean no one in their right mind would ever think about going there. It’s a gangster “only” hangout and not for foreigners to frequent. :noway:

Has anyone been there?

Back in the day (2 or 3 years ago) we used to go there to pick up party favours when there were no other options. It was ok to do that, but the place definitely had a menacing feel to it. We had enough sense to clear out once we were done. Basically it’s no place for a foreigner or for that matter, a respectable Taiwanese to be. In fact, if you’re not a Taiwanese of a certain class, under the age of 25, with orange hair and an extra loud scooter, you’ll probably feel out of place. My advice is, unless there are no other options, stay away, it’s very dodgy.

I’ve been invited on several occassions by the manager there…but don’t feel that it would be safe to go there. I’ve heard that some of the local officials here have some stock in the establishment. Well…I guess that’s why police raids don’t come up with anything. No drugs, no weapons, etc.

Last night an acquaintance of mine was talking about PLUSH. When it first opened it was a real messed up place…people using drugs everywhere. Two investigative reporters went in to videotape the place and saw more than they bargained for. They saw a girl go into the toilet later to come out lookin’ high on drugs. She got raped by 20 guys. Didn’t feel a thing because of the drugs. Also said that it didn’t get reported on TV because of how wicked it made society look.

I can’t vouch for what the guy told me…but if it really did happen I feel sorry for that girl.