Hualien, 12k Trail Run

There’s a 12k off-road trail run taking place next month in Hualien (yep, only 12k, but it’ll feel more like a half-marathon).

Start time 07.15, Sat 17th May. Only a couple of km out from Hualien City itself, and the train station.

Because I love this place so much, there’s a 25% discount for Forumosans who can make it, so $300 instead of $400 (just PM me, once you’ve registered).
Closing entries 5th May, or 21st April if you want to make sure of a T-shirt.

http://www.taiwantrail.com

I’d really like to try it, but last year I was preparing for my first 10k and ended up hurting my knee and couldn’t even run it, so I’m a little gun shy.

It’s probably a tough 12km, the Zuo Cang does get pretty steep in parts (although there are no steps :thumbsup:). Also, all that downhill is pretty jarring on the knees too.
I wouldn’t want to twist your arm into it.

+++ Plus +++
If anyone would like to volunteer on the day for an hour or so (7 to 8am), we still need some folk to point runners in the right way and keep them safe.

Nuit, sent you a PM.

12 km… I have run 10km races before (like 3 of them, one of them kind of hard), but 12km, in my current condition, sounds like a suicide :P. But I’d love to do it some day.

We’ve just received 2 sample T-shirts (1 Small, 1 Large) from the Linkou company we’re using.
Until now, they’ve appeared very professional. I’ve visited their offices, they do a lot of business with large Taiwan corporates, races etc.

When I run other events, I usually order Large (I’m a slim 182cm).
Their Small is perfect for me :loco:. The Large is just tent-like, and would fit someone around 190cm.
I have Taiwanese xiao-jies running this race, who’ve ordered Small. It will be so big for them, it will border on the obscene.

Don’t know what to do :cry: :astonished:.

[quote=“Nuit”]We’ve just received 2 sample T-shirts (1 Small, 1 Large) from the Linkou company we’re using.
Until now, they’ve appeared very professional. I’ve visited their offices, they do a lot of business with large Taiwan corporates, races etc.

When I run other events, I usually order Large (I’m a slim 182cm).
Their Small is perfect for me :loco:. The Large is just tent-like, and would fit someone around 190cm.
I have Taiwanese xiao-jies running this race, who’ve ordered Small. It will be so big for them, it will border on the obscene.

Don’t know what to do :cry: :astonished:.[/quote]
Tell them.

Yeah, of course !

But the deadlines are so tight, and I don’t want to mess with their process.
Still, I can’t believe these are the ‘usual’ sizes that they supply to the Taiwan market…

[quote=“Nuit”]Yeah, of course !

But the deadlines are so tight, and I don’t want to mess with their process.
Still, I can’t believe these are the ‘usual’ sizes that they supply to the Taiwan market…[/quote]

I’d say that sizes here are usually smaller than in Europe. At least when it comes to trousers, pants, etc…

That’s why this is so f***ed up. I’d understand if the Large was too small for me.
But when the Small is the right size, it’s just plain weird.

Why is nothing is ever straightforward here :smiley:.