Hurdles when you are not married

Hi
I am about to accept a job offer in Taiwan. I am however not married but want my girlfriend to join me once I am settled there.

Is it easy for her to stay there and find employment if we are not married?

Or do you have to be a champion in the 110m hurdles and get through the paperwork in order to be able to stay there together?

I am not sure if this has been addressed previously …

Well, if you tell us where your girlfriend is from, it might be easier to give you a good answer. Also, if she would be willing to be an English teacher, for example.

She is from Singapore.

She does not have a teacher’s background. She is experienced working with medical affairs in large hospitals.

I hope this helps.

[quote=“the_voyageur”]She is from Singapore.
She does not have a teacher’s background. She is experienced working with medical affairs in large hospitals.
hope this helps.[/quote]

OK. Thanks for the extra info. Actually, we still don’t know where you are from, but I guess it doesn’t make much difference.

There problem is that unless you are married, then she will not get a visa purely for being your girlfriend (even if you were married, she would get a non-working visa only (as far as I know)).

So the only answer is for her to get a visa independently from you, to work in a hospital or something. Sorry it’s not better news.

Unless someone else can offer further advice?

There was a similar thread about this quite recently, but I can’t seem to find it. Perhaps some kind soul could post a link?

I am having the same problem right now. My fiance has a job offer in Taiwan and we are trying to figure out how to get a job for me along with a resident visa. You can read the responses to my inquiry here –
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=44798

If I find out any information that could help you, I will let you know.