Hurrah! Dominque is now Prime Minister

I can hardly contain my glee. Chirac has appointed Dominique de Villepin as prime minister. If this is not a sign of the end, I do not know what is. I can hardly wait. Now, if only Muentefering takes over for Schroeder in Germany during the interim, we can see these cretins discredit themselves once and for all. Give them all the rope that they need to hang themselves.

Howard: Wins Re-election
Bush: Wins Re-election
Blair: Wins Re-election

Contast that with

Chretien: Forced to retire
Chirac: Increasingly under fire
Schroeder: Disastrous poll in Nord Rhein Westphalen. Early elections called.

But I would not want to smirk, gloat or celebrate in someone else’s misfortunes. Schadenfreude? haha what does that mean?

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4595423.stm

de Villepin.

That’s really quite depressing.

Props to Fred for being able to look at the glass half-full here (“Give them all the rope that they need to hang themselves”) but it’s still a little disturbing to realize that this guy is now the 2nd most powerful person in France.

Hopefully de Villepin won’t be able to do too much damage before Sarkozy wins the presidency and kicks him out.

And in yet another amazing coincidence, the French public have decided to give Jacques Chirac (also know as Beelzebub in some sections of congress) a bloody nose. Confirmation is still being sought as to the validity of the claim that this is yet another miracle brought about by the Prophet

BTW, I think this should probably read:

Labour: Wins Re-election in spite of Blair.

[quote]de Villepin.

That’s really quite depressing. [/quote]

Only if you believe that his appointment “matters.”

and since France is a country that really should be compared to Finland rather than, say, something that matters like the UK or Germany or even Russia, China or India, what difference does that make? Does one worry about who the prime minister of Finland is?

Au contraire. I want de Villepin to do as much damage as possible. Sarkozy will only win election IF de Villepin has his shot at reforming the economy. Do you believe that he will be able to? Naturellement, je ne suis pas d’accord. So, Chirac is in until 2007. He is discredited. Dominique de Villepin is discredited and who rides to the rescue in 2007 but Sarkozy who absolutement should remain out of power lest he lost his credibility. Then, in 2007, someone else sweeps in, someone who is not beholden to Chirac and voila! a major investigation into the corruption cases involving Chirac that have been put on hold as long as he is president.

I admit that I am most pleased that I no longer need wait until 2006 to see the fall of Schroeder and Fischer. But then Germany is a country that I care about and want to see improve and get better and be our team player. France, however, can stew for another year and a half for all I care. They are hurting only themselves and if that is the lesson that they need to be taught, c’est bon ca!

I dunno, Fred. This guy looks like a trouble-maker to me. Look at those shifty eyes. You can just tell he’s hiding something… :saywhat:

Well, as long as he isn’t trying to smuggle an extra Nokia mobile phone through customs, he can hide what he wants. Pas important

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! :smiley:

Fred,
Glad to see you finally taking it to the French again. They’re much more deserving of a good trashing than the Germans, IMO … except for one particular German I know who’s a prick … :laughing:

Ah but at this particular sadomasochistic incident, I am a mere voyeur. Really, the French are so much better at punishing themselves, why not let Chirac and de Villepin do all they can. Each and every day they live and breathe is yet another day of punishment for the French. I wonder if de Villepin will have a national poetry day or perhaps arrange a national poetry competition. I know that I for one have been able to stop any criticism of Bush and his ignorance by any French friends by asking them if they have read de Villepin’s poems. hahahahahah

To wit:

[quote]In his introduction, M de Villepin writes: "This eulogy owes nothing to artifice or chance. It has ripened inside me since childhood.

From the bottom of my pockets, stuck to the back of my smock, hidden in the corner of abacuses, poetry gushed out, scribbled on scraps of paper, anxiety drove my mother to stick poems everywhere, in verse or prose, quatrains or alexandrines.”

Poetry, he says, consoled him after the death of his brother. “I remember the despair and the pain, the loss of a loved person, the silence of a dead brother, which finds form in the flight of a word.”

His book “does not follow the passage of centuries nor the succession of genres”, he says. "It tries to penetrate the heart of the poetic ferment, this secret place where words are made and unmade, where language is fashioned.

"It wants to listen to the seed of the terrible voice which cleaves our consciences and feeds our imagination. It affirms its confidence in words, which force open the doors of mystery and give it movement and brightness.

“Without attaching itself to any school or poet, to a period or coterie, this Praise wants to be a part of every adventure. It weaves along the most diverse paths, along the scarlet crest of the sun, to the darkest underground seam.”[/quote]

Someone either needs a good lay or is in dire need of an enema! haha

Wow, after reading that, de Villeplin seems even gayer than me … :laughing:

I cannot find the Eulogy of Fire Thieves online anymore. Can anyone help. I am sure that we would all love to read this poetic coup de maitre (or perhaps I should have said coup d’epingle? coup au corps?)!

Let me try in French…

Back in a minute…

Grow on Dominique!

haha

???

hmmmm, yes, I see your point.

chinaiiss.org/bewrite/lanyue/devillepino.htm

French Foreign Minister Dominique Galouzeau de Villepin, just published an essay on poetry and some of his own poems. One he read in French to a reporter:

findarticles.com/p/articles/ … _n10872272

Fred,
Guess which country has the third largest contingent of troops in Afghanistan today and is responsible for security at Kabul Airport?

Well let’s see 20,000 foreign troops in Afghanistan and 18,000 are from America or thereabouts. How many did our French friends send then 800? 900? and in Kabul? That’s great. Isn’t that the safest part of the country? Where’s all the action taking place? In the South? Oh really, I imagine that we will not find any German troops there either right?

Pathetic.

[quote=“fred smith”]Well let’s see 20,000 foreign troops in Afghanistan and 18,000 are from America or thereabouts. How many did our French friends send then 800? 900? and in Kabul? That’s great. Isn’t that the safest part of the country? Where’s all the action taking place? In the South? Oh really, I imagine that we will not find any German troops there either right?

Pathetic.[/quote]

French Special Forces troops are fighting alongside American troops against the Taliban in the south of Afghanistan.

There are 1,670 French troops in Afghanistan.

Hmmm I suppose that is better than a kick in the teeth. Why won’t they send anyone at all to Iraq? Given the size of their country, I would imagine at least 5,000 would do for a small start. What do you think?

To paraphrase John Bolton, probably because they have no desire to die a meaningless death in some Iraqi wadi.

“I confess I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy. I considered the war in Vietnam already lost.”
John Bolton

I am only scoring cheap political points on the French. I don’t want them there. They would no doubt cause more trouble than they are worth.

I think he should drop his first name

Dominique Marie Francois Rene Galouzeau de Villepin

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4600907.stm