Hydrogen Peroxide

Do they sell hydrogen peroxide in Taiwan? If so, does anyone know the Chinese term for it, and also where I can buy it? I tried at my local pharmacy, but they said it doesnt exist in Taiwan and tried to steer me towards Lysol. :unamused:

Thanks. :slight_smile:

雙氧水 shuang1yang3shui3.

Try your local chemist (pharmacy) first, then the chemical supply shops on Tianshui St. in Taipei, near the west end of Nanjing W. Rd, just SW of the circular building in the middle of the round intersection.

A likely story on the part of the staff. One can buy it at pretty well any pharmacy. It usually comes in little white plastic bottles, with labelling in English. It’s usually stocked around the bottles of iodine.

Some pharmacies are really crap here, and some of the staff are utter morons. Walk 50 yards to the next one.

Thanks everyone, will give it another try. :slight_smile:

Hello,
I have been looking for peroxide for over a week now in Hsinchu. Does anyone know the Chinese name for it? Is it even sold in Taiwan?

雙氧水 shuāngyǎngshuǐ
Should be able to get it in a pharmacy.

they are big on iodine here…be careful not to get any rubbing alcohol(jio jin)my pinyin is crap.

Saw it in Cosmed next to the iodine, very small bottles, like 30 nts.

H2O2…right next to the WD-40 and Duct Tape.

Thanks to all of you; I will look for it tomorrow!

From my local pharmacy:

Cheaper.

I found peroxide! I appreciate everyone’s help :slight_smile:

Anyone know where to get Hydrogen Peroxide cheap? The local pharmacy store here charges 300 NTD for a 16oz bottle…like 10x the price in the States…

Try a different pharmacy. I just bought some earlier this month and it was 130ntd for about 500ml. It was about 3% strength. That was in Banqiao and it was just the local pharmacy right outside my house.

If you want stronger the chemical stores have 35%, careful though as it burns skin. I bought some earlier this month at Meru for a science experiment for my class. It was about 40ntd for 500ml.

If you search for 藥局 you should find some more pharmaices near you

I have some you can have…

Thats strange, the 500ml stronger on cost only 40ntd…I guess I can dilute it and save money. Only want to use it for cleaning stuff like toothbrushes etc