Hydrogen Water RO system

Anyone familiar with this company? Having one installed tomorrow.

water dispenser with a 32" LCD screen :rofl:

has cloud and DRM for filters

2 Likes

I already have a POE filter…

https://www.gaujiuh.tw/product/product&product_id=370

But I want undersink POU RO for cooking and drinking. I don’t want a large, power wasting machine.

Some pics
The hydrogen makes the water look dirty ironically.

1 Like

I absolutely do not get the concept of “hydrogen water”. Water is already made up of hydrogen and oxygen. It is described to infuse hydrogen into the water through electrolysis. Uh… that just breaks up some water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen. Your water better been darn pure too, otherwise the cathode and anode for the electrolysis action would get very gross very quickly.

It is also highly likely that the moment the water leaves the pressurized container, both hydrogen and oxygen would quickly stop being dissolved through degassing due to Henry’s law. The amount of hydrogen and oxygen in the water is probably really low to avoid fire hazards anyway, so unlike your carbonated drinks, it’d all be gone really soon.

Again, just do not understand the whole concept…

1 Like

It’s called snake oil. It goads gullible people into spending a ton of money for some cheap water filtration system. Kinda like that E Spring thing that Amway sells. The machine itself costs like 20,000nt and the refill is 5000.

You really do not want hydrogen around anyways as it will float to some upper space where as soon as you turn the light on, BOOM! Plus you don’t want hydrogen around metal because it can cause hydrogen embrittlement which weakens it. Hydrogen is explosive if the concentration reaches from 14-75%.

Also in order to separate the hydrogen and oxygen you must make the water conductive somehow. This can be achieved by adding salt or sulfuric acid to it. Idea is ionize it somehow. Tap water is slightly conductive under a high enough voltage but water itself is not conductive at all. However when you do this, not only the water gets separated, but also the salt too. The water then in turn react with sodium to form sodium hydroxide (which is lye), and inevitably the PH will rise to strongly basic. Under this condition the chlorine reacts with sodium hydroxide to form sodium hypochlorite. This is not a solution you want to be drinking.

If you add acid to neutralize the sodium hydroxide the chlorine will be freed from the solution, which is a cloud of toxic gas that kills you.

1 Like

It’s part of the alkalinizing filter anyway, so it’s no added cost and may be beneficial. The water comes out at a perfect pH 8.5 according to my pool test kit.

The bamboo charcoal and alkaline filters should add back most minerals, but I add 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt per gallon to be sure.

It’s only around 1ppm, so I don’t think there’s much danger. :slight_smile:

What is “alkaline water”? I mean if I raise its ph to like 8 or so by adding a tiny amount of sodium carbonate, will it be beneficial to health other than it tasting disgusting? I seen machines sold at Carrefour for insane prices that promises to turn tap water into this magical alkaline water…

And I am sure a tiny amount of hydrogen will dissolve into water like oxygen dissolving into water, but I fail to see how it can affect your body in any way.

Higher pH only helps if the water also has higher TA (total alkalinity) and negative oxidation reduction potential (ORP) It helps reduce acid reflux and reduces blood viscosity. But the biggest benefit I feel is returning trace minerals and giving the water a smooth, sweet taste.

The water from the POE filter alone doesn’t taste nearly as good as the water from the POE/POU combo.