Hypnotists In Taiwan

I was talking with a friend who is currently going through hypnosis therapy. I have always been one to be quite skeptical if these practices, but my friends high esteem for these practices got my head turning. Has anyone here ever tried it out before? Any success with what you were trying to achieve from it?

Lastly, if you have tried it or know of someone who is involved in the practice, please drop me a line and let me in on it.
Thanks!

I’d like that too. past life regression and all. I am curious.

Didn’t Blackadder have a thread about this, for stopping smoking?

There’s no ‘magic’ there, it’s just focused, guided meditation and visualisation. In terms of changing habits, you can create powerful positive and negative associations with certain things such as gestures or smells or items such as jewelery. I taught myself to associate sleep with the smell of lavender, and to associate chocolate and alcohol as poisons by pressing a spot on my palm (not supposed to have 'em, like having 'em :laughing: ). Hypnotherapists guide you through this, but you can certainly learn to do it yourself.

Good luck.

I tried hypnotherapy to quit heroin, and it didn’t help an iota. Neither did acupuncture.

What dd you sleep with before this??? :laughing: nah I don’t want the addiction part. I am really interested in, if someone can guide me into my past lives kinda like those Brian Weiss books. I am both curious and skeptical. I wanna believe but can’t so, maybe I should give it a go…

Well, physical addiction is different, maybe. You have to have the will to do it and it’s only a helper in something you want anyway. You can’t give up something a significant part of you doesn’t want to give up. Bad habits feel wonderful, which is why we do them. if we’re doing something to the point where it’s a problem, then we are usually self-medicating, and to get over that we have to find other ways to address that, either by replacing the substance with another one, or by learning to address the situation differently.

Carbs sedate, sugar excites, alcohol disinhibits. Acting out and causing chaos stimulates and focuses. Or whatever your ‘substance’ is. Figuring out why we do what we do, and then developing the abilities to cope with both the physical addictiveness of a substance, and the psychological and biological gaps that the substance fills are equally important.

Well done for getting somewhere with it, jp.

here in taiwan??? what did???

here in taiwan??? what did???[/quote]
Nono. Years ago. A lifetime ago.

Ah Kudos. Happy you overcame. :thumbsup:

What dd you sleep with before this??? :laughing: nah I don’t want the addiction part. I am really interested in, if someone can guide me into my past lives kinda like those Brian Weiss books. I am both curious and skeptical. I wanna believe but can’t so, maybe I should give it a go…[/quote]

Well, generally, it’s just me and teddy (Really. I’m 35 and I can’t sleep without it. Just habit, not complete mentalness, though. :laughing: ). Some bedpartners keep you awake at night and others really don’t. :wink:

Dunno about past lives. Who cares? Even if I suspend all scepticism and accept that samsara is fact, we aren’t supposed to know and trying to trick our brains into remembering where our souls have been is like trying to trick our feet into remember what tomatoes taste like. And if we accept that each incarnation is a lesson for us, is it right for us to try and intercept that lesson?

jp, :thumbsup:

BC, I have thought aboutthat, but I am drawn towards it, to see if it can be done. Do I have psyche so filled with memories of the past. If Hypnosis can take me to that level, then maybe even conscious training and meditation can. I am not sure what purpose if any it will serve. But I’ll try it for the heck of it.

You are starting to feel drowsy…submit…imagine you are in a comfortable, tranquil place where you feel safe…relax…your eyelids are getting heavy…let yourself go…calm…calm…relaxed…you are falling asleep…when I click my fingers you will be asleep… CLICK…jimi…wants…a…lovely…chicken…curry…

:laughing: he’ll get it and he’ll need hypnosis to call it lovely!

:laughing: he’ll get it and he’ll need hypnosis to call it lovely![/quote]
Somehow…jimi…doubts…that…

A friend and I taught ourselves how to hypnotise people a few years back. I took it a bit further than he did and eventually tried the past-life regression thing. One of the woman I worked with mentioned a few keys facts that I tried to verify through archives but couldn’t (I decided it was because she was incorrect). Another woman mentioned being on Atlantis went it sunk. That was an interesting day

And you’re a trained pro?? A doc??? Or an amateur??? butyou say you’ve seen it happen. How can you be sure it was past life and not just memories from a movie or sth.??? Not doubting you just asking, how can you say which memory is real and which one is not?

I saw the smoking thread but there wasnt anything concerning details about where to find a hypnotist. Anyone have a clue?

“meiguolangren” posts on here from time to time

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6386

I was an amateur. After checking archives to try find support for details mentioned and after hearing about Atlantis, I concluded that it wasn’t real. Though the Atlantian was convinced her experience was real.

Why not look at your dreams, some people interpret their dreams when they believe in the after life.

The only thing I have to saw is, Piss on the pine tree not the campfire.