I-864 affadivat of support

I married my Taiwanese wife in Taiwan and filed my I-130/1-129F paperwork for the K-3 visa in the US. I’m currently living in the US right now. I’m also a US citizen. My question is when my petition is approved…I’m sure I’ll need to fill out the proof of financial support I-864 form. But does AIT send her a I-864 form for me to fill out or do I fill one out myself? I’m just trying to “look ahead” and see what other documents I need to prepare…what other documents is my wife also going to get?

Also in the I-864 form…Part 4 Section C requires you to write your income for the most recent tax year and give copies of your 3 most recent tax returns…Well…I basically took a year off last year to be with my wife so I don’t have a tax return for the most recent tax year…so that would mean that I would be writing $0 as my income…is that going to screw me? My income for the other 2 years was around $60,000 US…and I have tax returns for those years…

Thanks for any help!!!
Maybe someone who has been through a similar experience could share that with me…I would be extremely grateful for any comments or experiences…

Forgot to mention I have a job right now…$50k a year…

You should have filed a tax return. Whether you have income or not, you are supposed to file a retuen, even if only to indicate that you had no income. I’m pretty certain that you can file a return now for last year. You might want to do this.

It doesn’t matter if you don’t have income for one year as long as you currently have a job and your average income for the required years is above the limit. There is another way to show support though even if you have no income and no job. If you have sufficient financial assets you can meet the requirement that way.