I am a taiwanese girl, I have a question

Trust your instinct. He is doesn’t make you feel safe, you don’t owe him anything.

Thanks for the public reply to her pm :wink:

Thanks for the public reply to her pm :wink:[/quote]
bahaha

[quote]He told me he come from Norway but live in UK now.
It’s a little bother me.I don’t know how to deal with this problem.I don’t know how to decline…[/quote]

Very likely it’s a fake account… for safety purpose don’t talk to foreigners who are not living in Taiwan and who can prove they are living here

independence

For safety purpose don’t talk to foreigners. End of.

There. Fixed it for you.

[quote=“ranlee”][quote=“Naughtius”][quote=“Taiwan_independance”]I am a Taiwanese girl, I have a question [that I] want to ask foreigner[s].
TWO days ago, a foreigner add[ed] [strike]my[/strike] [me on] facebook and I click[ed] [strike]on[/strike] agree.
We [strike]had some[/strike] chat[ted a bit] on fb. He said he [strike]have[/strike] [has] been single for a long time and want[s] me to be his girlfriend!
He said that he saw my pretty, attractive photo so he want[ed] to date [strike]with[/strike] me, [and] chat with me.
It’s too weird for me. How come you [can] just see someone’s photo and then fall in love with them???
He told me he come[s] from Norway but live[s] in [the] UK now.
It[strike]'s a little[/strike] bother[s] me. I don’t know how to deal with this problem.I don’t know how to decline…
I just wonder [whether] he has some purpose or…?
Is it common for [a] foreigner to add [a] stranger’s fb? Is it a [strike]different culture[/strike] [cultural thing]?
Could any foreigner tell me? I have so many “?” now!
If I type[d] something wrong or [used incorrect] grammar [strike]wrong[/strike], please tell me too.
I appreciate you reading my message.[/quote]

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Wow really? Grammar police much?
[/quote]
Not much…I just read the entire post before replying.

Is there a source for this?

Maybe. Sometimes I just add numbers to things I make things up. It makes them sound better.

Here’s one link.

forbes.com/sites/larrymagid/ … -split-up/

According to this:

a-third-of-recently-married-couples-met-online-and-theyre-more-satisfied-and-less-likely-to-split-up

35% of couples married between 2005 and 2012 met online . . .

The survey also found that marriages that began online “were slightly less likely to result in a marital breakup (separation or divorce) and were associated with slightly higher marital satisfaction among those respondents who remained married.” Just under 6% (5.96%) of those who met their spouse online had divorced or separated compared to 7.67% of those who met offline.

There used to be a girl on this very site that I had a thing for . . . I never pursued it, but I’ve always kinda wondered if Loretta was my soul mate. :pray:

[quote=“zender”]
There used to be a girl on this very site that I had a thing for . . . I never pursued it, but I’ve always kinda wondered if Loretta was my soul mate. :pray:[/quote]

Ah Zender you shoulda taken the chance! Remember what the butthole surfers said!

I know this sounds too dark but most rape victims have said “they had a bad feeling about that person” before that happen.

[quote=“zender”]Maybe. Sometimes I just add numbers to things I make things up. It makes them sound better.

Here’s one link.

forbes.com/sites/larrymagid/ … -split-up/

According to this:

a-third-of-recently-married-couples-met-online-and-theyre-more-satisfied-and-less-likely-to-split-up

35% of couples married between 2005 and 2012 met online . . .

The survey also found that marriages that began online “were slightly less likely to result in a marital breakup (separation or divorce) and were associated with slightly higher marital satisfaction among those respondents who remained married.” Just under 6% (5.96%) of those who met their spouse online had divorced or separated compared to 7.67% of those who met offline.

There used to be a girl on this very site that I had a thing for . . . I never pursued it, but I’ve always kinda wondered if Loretta was my soul mate. :pray:[/quote]

Now that I know that eHarmony sponsored the study, I’m a bit skeptical about the study itself.

But, commonsense objections aside, I also have a personal bias against eHarmony which stems from this video (around 3:00).