I am a taiwanese girl, I have a question

I am a Taiwanese girl, I have a question want to ask foreigner.
TWO days ago, a foreigner add my facebook and I click on agree.
We had some chat on fb. He said he have been single for a long time and want me to be his girlfriend!
He said that he saw my pretty, attractive photo so he want to date with me, chat with me.
It’s too weird for me. How come you just see someone’s photo and then fall in love with them???
He told me he come from Norway but live in UK now.
It’s a little bother me.I don’t know how to deal with this problem.I don’t know how to decline…
I just wonder he has some purpose or…?
Is it common for foreigner to add stranger’s fb? Is it a different culture?
Could any foreigner tell me ? I have so many “?” now!
If I type something wrong or grammar wrong, please tell me too.
I appreciate you reading my message.

It’s weird to contact a stranger through Facebook and request a friendship. I would recommend not accepting friend requests from strangers on Facebook. Only accept friend requests from people you already know.

It’s easy to deal with the situation. Just unfriend him. You don’t know him; no loss.

unfriend this person. it is too weird.

Some people don’t accept friend requests on Facebook if they don’t know who the person is.

Be one of those people if this sort of thing bothers you.

On the other hand, about 33% of marriages in the West are between couples who met online.

This Norwegian horny toad could be your future spouse.

Beware that some terrorists are also trying to marry foreigners to infiltrate into other countries. And there are also people trying to escape their country’s poverty. There are also many Chinese women trying to get a foreign husband, so they can immigrate to other countries. And check his FB to see how many women he is following, you are probably just one of the ‘girls’, he is probably trying to play the same talk on the other women. Anyway, it is not safe to date a stranger online.

Many of these “love stories” are nigerian style business, be careful.

In Europe it’s a big industry and there is plenty of victims (mostly lonely women) loosing a lot of money and/or self-esteem.

[quote=“Taiwan_independance”]I am a Taiwanese girl, I have a question [that I] want to ask foreigner[s].
TWO days ago, a foreigner add[ed] [strike]my[/strike] [me on] facebook and I click[ed] [strike]on[/strike] agree.
We [strike]had some[/strike] chat[ted a bit] on fb. He said he [strike]have[/strike] [has] been single for a long time and want[s] me to be his girlfriend!
He said that he saw my pretty, attractive photo so he want[ed] to date [strike]with[/strike] me, [and] chat with me.
It’s too weird for me. How come you [can] just see someone’s photo and then fall in love with them???
He told me he come[s] from Norway but live[s] in [the] UK now.
It[strike]'s a little[/strike] bother[s] me. I don’t know how to deal with this problem.I don’t know how to decline…
I just wonder [whether] he has some purpose or…?
Is it common for [a] foreigner to add [a] stranger’s fb? Is it a [strike]different culture[/strike] [cultural thing]?
Could any foreigner tell me? I have so many “?” now!
If I type[d] something wrong or [used incorrect] grammar [strike]wrong[/strike], please tell me too.
I appreciate you reading my message.[/quote]

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Taiwan_independance”]I am a Taiwanese girl, I have a question want to ask foreigner.
TWO days ago, a foreigner add my facebook and I click on agree.
We had some chat on fb. He said he have been single for a long time and want me to be his girlfriend!
He said that he saw my pretty, attractive photo so he want to date with me, chat with me.
It’s too weird for me. How come you just see someone’s photo and then fall in love with them???
He told me he come from Norway but live in UK now.
It’s a little bother me.I don’t know how to deal with this problem.I don’t know how to decline…
I just wonder he has some purpose or…?
Is it common for foreigner to add stranger’s fb? Is it a different culture?
Could any foreigner tell me ? I have so many “?” now!
If I type something wrong or grammar wrong, please tell me too.

Little girl…often the “Norwegian businessman” will not be a Norwegian at all. More likely a Nigerian/Ghanaian/Indian (name a third world country demonym) scammer.
zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%B0%BC … 9%E5%BE%92
Be careful… :smiley:

Taiwanese girl, do yourself a favor and block this person. Go with your intuition on this one. Something’s off about him. Anyone who falls in love with a picture of a woman has mental issues… Even worse, he could be a human trafficker looking for victims. Be careful!

No. If anything it’s happened to me for more often in Taiwan, and they usually just want to spam ads.
At best this guy is probably only interested in sex/“skyping”. Other’s have already mentioned the other possibilities. I could be wrong but I wouldn’t risk it.

By the way, I don’t suppose I could direct you to my thread… you are more than qualified to give an opinion :d
[url]A Taiwanese girl

The best test is to see how fast they reply to your messages. If they reply instantly with very little typing time it means that they are just copying and pasting from a script. I don’t know if you can see when someone is typing a message on FB, but on Skype it’s so obvious when someone types a three sentence response in under a second.

This is not a cultural issue, this is a personal values issue.

The question should really be asked to ‘everybody’ because men and women of all cultures do the same thing.

[quote=“Naughtius”][quote=“Taiwan_independance”]I am a Taiwanese girl, I have a question [that I] want to ask foreigner[s].
TWO days ago, a foreigner add[ed] [strike]my[/strike] [me on] facebook and I click[ed] [strike]on[/strike] agree.
We [strike]had some[/strike] chat[ted a bit] on fb. He said he [strike]have[/strike] [has] been single for a long time and want[s] me to be his girlfriend!
He said that he saw my pretty, attractive photo so he want[ed] to date [strike]with[/strike] me, [and] chat with me.
It’s too weird for me. How come you [can] just see someone’s photo and then fall in love with them???
He told me he come[s] from Norway but live[s] in [the] UK now.
It[strike]'s a little[/strike] bother[s] me. I don’t know how to deal with this problem.I don’t know how to decline…
I just wonder [whether] he has some purpose or…?
Is it common for [a] foreigner to add [a] stranger’s fb? Is it a [strike]different culture[/strike] [cultural thing]?
Could any foreigner tell me? I have so many “?” now!
If I type[d] something wrong or [used incorrect] grammar [strike]wrong[/strike], please tell me too.

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Wow really? Grammar police much?

Never add someone you do not know or have not met in person. I run FB and LINE groups for tennis and cycling in these forums and sometimes I get people trying to add me on FB well before I’ve even met them. Usually if they are inquiring about certain things, I’ll chat with them on FB, but not until I’ve met them would I have add them.

Do yourself a favor, forget this guy and unfriend him. Check your privacy settings on FB to prevent things like this from happening in the future.

The OP ASKED to have any incorrect grammar pointed out to her. :neutral:

Thanks for everyone’s advice.
I clicked agree because I saw that we have the same friends.(2 females.)
I already unfriended him, and told my friends to block him as well.
I am learning English so need some grammar correction and my English ability would be better…
Thanks everyone again!!:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Honey, just one more thing, from Auntie Peng. This bit is really worrisome:

You have the right to say NO, loud and clear. You do not want something, you do not feel comfortable, say no. I know that many times choices are imposed on us and then it makes it harder to say no. We want to be “good girls” and are afraid of making people angry by saying no. But dear, the world is a harsh place and you have to defend yourself. No one will come to your rescue. People are there for the entertainment and will turn against you. You cannot show weakness, too many sharks in the water. No means no. Learn the word. Live it. Love it. It is empowering. Do not fear your own power.

Why do I say this? Please check local news regarding a Taiwanese female who befriended someone on FB who said he was from the US and later asked for money. She did not say no. She gave him several hundred thousand NTDs. Turns out he was a liar, a local, not from the US, and the money was gone.

Add my facebook, i can talk to you about it there. And teach you english !

Block him ASAP! Save yourself a lot of trouble.

adding to the choir of voices saying that you should unfriend and block this guy. that’s super creepy and not normal.

thanks for the pm :wink: