I am entitled enough to not wear a mask

Taken to the police station. Had to post bail ($30,000). Will be charged with various offenses. Will be paying fines. Stupid prizes were won. Consequences were suffered.

Sorry I thought you meant from the initial relaxed handling.

The guard didn’t need to use extreme force. He was bigger and she wasn’t really doing any damage to him so he was able to keep restrained. I’d say good job.

2 Likes

He grabbed her by the throat at one point.

No worries. I was just expressing that if you behave poorly in public, there will often be consequences. I think the woman in question here is dealing with them now.

I saw that. That was the least of what she deserved. It seemed the throat grab didn’t really hurt her because as soon as he released she hit him again.
I’m more surprised at the crowd of useless gawkers standing around doing nothing.

It’s pretty dangerous grabbing someone by the throat, especially if you don’t know your own strength. It wouldn’t have been necessary if he’d kept her restrained on the ground from the beginning.

2 Likes

I always find that weird. I understand not wanting to get involved, but why stand and stare?

2 Likes

I felt that he figured he’d let her up and maybe be able to reason with her instead of things escalating. She insisted on escalating.
But who knows , he probably had never experienced any level of engagement in his job.

Yeah, it’s not a common event in Taiwan. Her being a petite woman would also have complicated his thinking. It’s just not what one would expect.

How long have you been in Taiwan? Based on what I’ve seen, this is SOP!

Guy

4 Likes

It is probably standard everywhere . You don’t want to get involved with fights as a rule. You can get badly hurt and sued very easily. Even with couples fighting, its a tough one .

4 Likes

That made me laugh :slight_smile:
Some things make me shake my head no matter how long I’ve lived here. The bystander effect is one of them. The issue of ‘face’ is another.

1 Like

I agree with you there. I wouldn’t try to intervene in a fight but at least if a few people stood in the way of each person like a human barrier it would have cooled things off faster than watch her hit him a ton of times while recording :wink:

This is sort of a beautiful write-up.

" Liao is a third-degree blackbelt in Taekwondo, stands 180 centimeters tall, weighs 85 kilograms, and is known by his colleagues as the Taipei Metro version of Holger Chen (陳之漢), reported Liberty Times. Liao said that he had tried not to retaliate against the woman as she assailed him and instead just focused on fending off her blows."

1 Like

Aha! So we need to start sending in progressively tougher opponents in to do battle with him. Slowly ramp it up. Schedule the Rock in for end of June.

1 Like

We need forumosans volunteers: to (at various times) aggressively not comply with mask regulations at City Hall MRT Station; and to carefully video the outcomes.

NB: The results of these performances are neither encouraged nor endorsed by forumosa.com.

Guy

1 Like

In. I shall arm myself with a lotus pod.

You into acting or videography?

We also will need editors.

Guy

I like to watch. I have cameras.

1 Like