I can't afford to bring my dog back home

Who did you check with? That’s $29 per day, and the figure is off the government website - I think the same one SuiGeneris is quoting. I didn’t just pull that out of my ass. There are other fees on top of that of course, which presumably bump up the total to AU$2000. I was simply making the point (as @SuiGeneris did) that AU$10K is considerably more than you’d pay if you did it yourself. Yes, it’s horribly complicated. But you could trade off hours for dollars if you don’t have the cash.

1 Like

It’s hard to give up a dog, heard stories of dogs starving themselves to death because the owner died or went away. Dogs have very strong attachment to their owners.

That’s why I prefer cats. They don’t get such deep attachment to their owner and usually adjusts in a few months with little ill effect. But I heard they will eat you if you die…

Dogs get attached to people. Cats get attached to places. Moving a cat to a new location is as traumatic for it as a dog’s separation anxiety.

The quarantine isn’t 2000 - 2000 is the minimum cost for everything if the dog is only in quarantine for 10 days.

1 Like

For the cat it is worse if the owner is not around.

1 Like

Yes cats would. And if I was in that scenario, I would hope so too.
And I have read cases where dogs have also taken chunks out of their deceased owners.

They have been brainwashed for years

It was a weird coincidence that Freud shared an office with Cyril Smith. I wonder if they discussed their out of office activities?

The clash of accents must have been something to behold :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah when I get my car serviced it’s $29 for for the spark plugs. Awesome deal! Unfortunately I was invoiced $2000. Unfortunately ‘everything’ is required if I want my car to drive. If only it could be optional like hey, I really don’t need all those expensive tests and vet examinations which test for the most obscure diseases imaginable. So yeah just ring me up with the $29. I’m sure the Aus government would be pumped to save us all a few dollars!

Have any of you ever sent an animal without using a relocation company? I thought I could just do everything myself - which should of course cut down on the expenses significantly.

So far the paperwork I’m encountering is all bilingual so it looks like there’s hope.

I’m going to speak to some airlines now about sending a dog as cargo.

A friend of mine did that and it was easier/faster/less stressful for the dog with less time in quarantine. But it was for the old country, not Australia. It was only 28 hours away.

It seems it can be done. Direct flight with China Airlines is under 10 hours.

1 Like

If you are not successful and want a loving home for the dog in Taiwan, pm me.

1 Like