I don't want another booster, any way?

That’s not how math works

0.03% of 24 million = 7200

10 Likes

That’s 3%

0.03% is 0.0003

2 Likes

Have you ever looked up how many people die each year from simple things like the flu?

I was shocked when I did. They aren’t small numbers.

And in some places, the number of people who die from the flu each year dropped to zero or thereabouts for the last two years.

I’m just saying it the way I’ve been told by my doctors and the science journals I’ve read.

The third booster shot is needed to protect you against the omicron variant.

Different people have differing levels of protection. For ages 12-18 that have had two vaccinations omicron is of very little worry.

Unfortunately for ages 0-5 omicron can and has been fatal. 6-11 there’s a risk of serious illness and chance of fatality.

For ages 18-30, 30-40, 40-50, 50-60, and 60 up there are a whole range of factors that come into play. Namely comorbidities and underlying health conditions. The two major ones being overweight/diabetes and asthma/history of lung disease/infection.

The research regarding who is most likely to be adversely effected by Covid is still ongoing. So being super fit and active is no guarantee that you will be safe if you contract Covid.

Having said all of that there is a new omicron variant called XE and the omicron/delta variant called deltacron as well as another variant of concern emerging.

So you can choose to not get the booster shot and have significantly reduced immune response if you contract omicron (as well as being locked out of a number of things like gyms and schools and other places yet to be added to the list) or you could choose to get a different version to the one you’ve already had to give you the best chance of a better immune response while reducing the risk of the vaccine losing its efficacy (and less risk of an adverse reaction).

5 Likes

OK, so the simple answer is, almost everyone actually IS afraid of being in that 0.03%.

I think many people are afraid their elderly relatives will be a part of that 0.03%

3 Likes

Yes, you can keep living in Taiwan without boosters. Just not go to the gym.

5 Likes

You don’t know who has underlying health conditions. It’s really as simple as that. I have family that have underlying health conditions and others that are extremely elderly so I’d rather they keep living than having to go to their funerals.

Here’s a list of it helps.

Obese
Diabetic
Heart disease
Asthmatic
History of pulmonary infection
Cancer survivor
Arterial sclerosis
Liver damage (including from drinking alcohol)
MS
ALS
and then there’s the numerous autoimmune diseases and birth defects.

5 Likes

Not sure where we are getting the 0.03% rate of people dying from COVID (in Japan, it appears to be as high as 0.13%).

What I just don’t get is how people seem to be even more afraid of the vaccines. For comparison: The COVID vaccines seem to have a mortality rate of 8.2 per 1 million people. That is 0.00082%!

Even if we’d be talking 0.03% vs. 0.00082% - I think it’s pretty clear who is panicking more… :thinking:

11 Likes

So you take the vaccine on the basis that it will stop you transmitting COVID-19 to others?

I really didn’t want the booster, but you can’t travel abroad (Europe at least) if your second shot was over 270 days ago. I got the booster and it made me sick for about five days. Vaccines have become necessary if you want your freedom.

My aunt is going for her second booster this week, and later in the year she needs another.

How can a vaccine work if you need to keep putting more of it in your body? It’s crazy.

2 Likes

Except they’re not giving you your freedom, because the governments keep changing the goalposts and rules every time you submit. Today we need 3 shots to work here, undoubtedly, it will one day be a fourth.

10 Likes

That’s been the case since the early doses of AZ came out and side effects started being reported. Then of course the “LINE Groups” got into the act, and each share to another was further embellished with more and more garbage which frightened many off, particularly the elderly.

5 Likes

You’re asking for proof when you yourself experienced serious problems? Are you kidding?

For all its faults, the VAERS database in this country and others records these events. You know from first-hand experience these reports are not just made-up nonsense.

As mentioned above, nobody knows what N doses of these vaccines does, and these back-door mandates are ridiculous. I’m going to have to cancel my gym membership when I get back if they do this to me. How does that improve my health?

Perhaps when our Dear Leader has made it impossible for healthy people to keep exercising or go out in the sunshine without covering their faces, he’ll encourage us all to start smoking.

14 Likes

No. I took the booster because I’m in the high risk category. Even if you’ve had the booster if you catch Covid it doesn’t stop you from passing it on to others. Good hygiene and wearing face masks stops that from happening. The booster helps protect you against the worst effects of omicron ba.1 and ba.2 I haven’t seen the research on XE yet so I can’t comment on that one.

The bigger issue is what variant will emerge next. If you look at Australia they have had twice as many Covid deaths in 2022 than they had for all of 2020/21. Australia currently has ba.1, ba.2, deltacron, and some cases of Covid flu. There have been several cases of XE but it seems like they’ve given up on making updates. If you look at the USA 86% of all Covid cases are now ba.2.

You are right about one thing. We can’t keep stabbing ourselves every 3-5 months hoping for the best. Unfortunately this is the end result of Trump, Boris Johnson, Bolsanaro, South Africa, India, and Australia adopting the let it rip strategy rather than implementing a cautious approach that included mandatory requirements like wearing face masks. We have years to go with this. At least another 3-5 years for an effective long term vaccine option. And probably another 5 years to vaccinate the planet.

This sounds like bs to me.

5 Likes

World Gym told me, that they are still in discussion with the government and that a final decision about being vaxxed has not been made yet. Anyway. told them I am going to cancel my contract in case it is necessary. Don’t want anything in my body, that won’t even last for 3 months and does harm to many people. you can actually buy a nice all in one machine for like 3000USD. Not too much in my opinion. You won’t depend on the gov anymore and they can decide whatever they want.

4 Likes

100% agree.

1 Like

Hopefully enough people threaten to leave to encourage the big gym corporations to make a bit of an effort to get the gov’t to back off. A lot of young people were forced into getting their boosters via other coercive measures, but my feeling is that the general public are getting a bit sick of it.

Gyms bring in a lot of tax revenue and the gov’t may be less than keen to watch them lose income.

2 Likes

It’s not like they’re hiding the science on this. You could quite easily google it and see for yourself. The effectiveness of two vaccine doses against omicron varies between the brands but doesn’t reach more than 60%. And the longer it’s been since you were vaccinated the less effective it is.