I finally got the lathe

For those of you who supported me by giving me work or buying my wares, thank you. I will be able to take on turning jobs if there is any…

28 Likes

Nice! Is that a pancake maker?

No, apparently these things are used to make wedding bands - see this thread: Wedding/engagement/etc. rings - #4 by Taiwan_Luthiers

:whistle:

1 Like

Quite old machinery in fact, but still very useful in lots of Industries, big and small. Damn heavy too, I hope that floor has good foundations under it.

1 Like

Yea need a forklift to bring it in, no way I’m going to try to lift it. Thing weights 1 and a half tons.

These older machine are often better than the brand new ones anyways, as the cast iron has already aged and won’t go pretzel on you. Plus brand new ones costs over 300,000NT for this size… and the only real difference is that it includes factory original accessories/change gears, and that the machine looks better cosmetically.

I guess if I really needed to turn wood badly I could have used one of these…

3 Likes

A bit of lathe safety…

It’s CNC but still… there are proper tools for something sticking that much out the back of a lathe… Keep in mind this is solid bar of steel about 2" in diameter…

2 Likes

Shit, and you just got it…

1 Like

Skimming down the main page I saw this topic as “I finally got laid”

4 Likes

Well, you could make sex toys with it…

3 Likes

How’s it going with the lathe?

It’s working ok… I just need to level it

Gonna ship it to China when you go?

How many have you made so far?

1 Like