I hate spiders

And I’ll bet B-cup could definitely kick a spider’s ass.
Especially if you play “Buttercup (I’m a Super Girl)”:

[quote=“Shonen Knife”]Kicking out a bad guy
Beating up a monster
Fighting against evil
I’ll rescue this town

Over the buildings
Over the mountains
Over the blue sky
Over the rainbow

You know I’m a super girl
Yes I’m a punky girl
I never say die
No one can stop me

Flying at a high speed
Having the courage
Getting over crisis
I’ll rescue the people[/quote]

Speaking of which, I think Buttercup needs an avatar.

Nah, it’s not that Buttercup. Or bubba 2guns’ big japanese ride.

Was so traumatised by the eight legged monsters I ended up spending half the afternoon in a hot tub in Neihu with a ginger Canadian.

Sorry to get off topic - or get back to it…

Back home, it was bad luck to kill a spider, so we always brought him/her outside.

Not sure of the roots, but guess it had something to do with spiders’ way of taking out other insects

[quote=“Buttercup”]Nah, it’s not that Buttercup. Or bubba 2guns’ big Japanese ride.

Was so traumatised by the eight legged monsters I ended up spending half the afternoon in a hot tub in Neihu with a ginger Canadian.[/quote]

With a Canadian!!! That bad, huh?

HG

Nope. Well, not according to this:

http://www.richard-seaman.com/Insects/Japan/Spiders/GiantWood/

(they are refered to as Giant Wood Spiders in this article)

I have also handled a few before. Kind of funny.

And this I found in a cave alongside a large bat:

There is no scale of reference here, but let’s say it wouldn’t fit in my microwave without having to fold it’s legs. It is probably the same kind that you saw in your house, but generally they are much smaller than this. This is certainly the largest spider I have ever seen.

Woah, that is AWESOME! :sunglasses:

Jesus fucking Christ, Dangermouse! Don’t you like me or something? Do you want me to be on the first flight back to Glasgow?

Buttercup (hmm, is the name a Princess Bride reference?), not all spiders are cause for alarm. I’ll bet you remember the itsy bitsy spider who crawled up the waterspout. And there are lots of other who are just so goshdurn cute that they’re irresistable.

That wont necessarily work. Spiders have been known to sneak into ones suitcase for a cheap excursion to places like Scotland. :stuck_out_tongue: Not sure why they would choose Glasgow though, so you’re probably safe.

I like the blue one, smell the glove.

It’s ok as long as you don’t have bananas in your bag.

The worst place for spiders (and frogs, hedgehogs, foxes, bats, stray cows, the neighbours’ stupid horse and more sodding wildlife than Chester zoo) was my childhood home in Stockport. Everytime it rained, at least 14000 would come in to shelter. I used to hide in the cupboard, with my dolls, plotting…

I know this isn’t a spider, but yesterday I found this animal in my balcony (and unfortunately also on my leg :s )

it wasn’t exactly the same than on this picture. (the head was red, and the size aroud 10cm long). But I know it have a terrible bite, so beware! :slight_smile:

Beautiful animal! :slight_smile:

Nasty as they are, those centipedes often have to be provoked to bite. I’ve seen them handled without gloves and chopsticks before, although I wouldn’t like to try it.

I guess that if you startle them by putting your hand down suddenly ontop or near to them, or by treading on them, then they will bite.

I have, however, heard stories of them biting people for absolutely no reason.

[quote=“doraemon”]I know this isn’t a spider, but yesterday I found this animal in my balcony (and unfortunately also on my leg :s )

it wasn’t exactly the same than on this picture. (the head was red, and the size aroud 10cm long). But I know it have a terrible bite, so beware! :slight_smile:[/quote]

You sure it’s not a spider? Oh wait, I just counted the legs again. There’s more than 8. It’s not a spider.

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“alidarbac”]I think those golden orb spiders (人面蜘蛛) rock.

Here’s a picture of one of those spiders eating a bat.[/quote]

are those poisonous? always wondered.[/quote]

Most spiders, if not all are poisonous … some are deadly, others are not … some have huge fangs others have small, so they can not penetrate the human body … spiders are usefull …

Now this one is huge … but dangerous for us … maybe, maybe not … who knows …

[quote=“irishstu”][quote=“doraemon”]I know this isn’t a spider, but yesterday I found this animal in my balcony (and unfortunately also on my leg :s )

it wasn’t exactly the same than on this picture. (the head was red, and the size aroud 10cm long). But I know it have a terrible bite, so beware! :slight_smile:[/quote]

You sure it’s not a spider? Oh wait, I just counted the legs again. There’s more than 8. It’s not a spider.[/quote]

Don’t be confused by the 32 legs. It’s actually 4 spiders doing the conga.

Here is one I found on the stairs in the house I live in. It was as big as my hand!!!

How big is your hand, though?

[quote=“volcan”]Here is one I found on the stairs in the house I live in. It was as big as my hand!!!

[/quote]

Completely harmless, unless they end up inside your shoe …

[quote=“belgian pie”][quote=“volcan”]Here is one I found on the stairs in the house I live in. It was as big as my hand!!!

[/quote]

Completely harmless, unless they end up inside your shoe …[/quote]

MY GOD! That is just horrfying!

I lived in a Japanese house here for a couple of years, and we had some big guys like that too. I can deal with anything but spiders.