I now have the marriage visa, what about my school?

I finally finished all the paperwork for my marriage, and now have the visa and ARC through my wife. What happens now? Is my old work permit automatically cancelled? Do I need to contact the labor bureau? Does my school need to tell them I quit? All of the info I have read states a work permit is no longer required (maybe), but I haven’t seen any information about what needs to be done for a person who was already working legally before he got married, and wants to continue at the same school. Advice, please.

Like the guy at the police station/household registry place told told me…“Duuude…now you can work at the 7-11’s”

from my understanding… you can still work for the school… they just won’t need to apply for a work permit for you anymore… shouldn’t be any problems really…

PS. being married… are we allowed to work in kindies??

I don’t think so. Its English teaching that’s prohibited in kindies, not foreigners. Isn’t that the case? I suppose you could work in one if you could teach in Chinese, but then the kindie would just hire a cheaper local, wouldn’t they?

I called the labor bureau, and they said they don’t care about me anymore, I’m free to continue working at my school. They also said my school doesn’t need to file any kind of paperwork stating a change in visa or anything else. So I’m freeeee!

I don’t think so. Its English teaching that’s prohibited in kindies, not foreigners. Isn’t that the case? I suppose you could work in one if you could teach in Chinese, but then the kindie would just hire a cheaper local, wouldn’t they?[/quote]

ah… but i CAN speak quiet decent chinese… ‘hen biao zhun’ as a few people have commented (sorry, my pinyin sucks) so i suppose if we’re raided, then i can just speak chinese to my kids and all will be good :wink: (if i were working in a kindy that is)