I realize it is mission impossible to find a cordial western

tash,

Yes, I see now that difference, and it is one that matters, in some places more often than in others.

Anyway, I know that women, just as men do, size up their potential mate and decide on him/her based on more than a single factor.

I just don’t think any one of those factors is necessarily more or less important than any of the others. And it seems natural, to me, that men and women do such measuring and weighing when they consider a mate.

I’ve never given a flying ape about a man’s bank account.

There’s hope for me yet!!! :slight_smile:

Things aren’t looking so good for the other primates, though, it seems. :s

Thank you! :bravo:

[quote=“SuchAFob”]Are you one of those girls who acts and dresses like she THINKS white girls do in order to get a western man?
You know the ones, too loud, too much makeup, too little clothes… “but this is how the girls on Sex and The City are”…? (ARG)
If you are, the problem is you. Cuz men don’t typically dig that shit. You have to dress and act like you want to be treated and seek out the men who are attracted to the kind of person you are.
I know several western men here who are completely worth dating.
I also know several local men here who are completely worth dating.[/quote]

But are you married?

:smiley:

But are you married?

:smiley:[/quote]

The topic was gold digging in dating. Marriage as a final outcome might be relevant and all, but with the assumption that we all date for the purpose of finding a mate, it isn’t relevant.

But are you married?

:smiley:[/quote]

The topic was gold digging in dating. Marriage as a final outcome might be relevant and all, but with the assumption that we all date for the purpose of finding a mate, it isn’t relevant.[/quote]

Well, that’s a matter or perspective isn’t it? I would say, for most women in Taiwan, dating is a method of getting a husband. Whereas dating is much more casual in the West.

Hmmmmm… not sure that is so for everyone.
My ex fiance was NOT what one would call marriage material. After that I have never had a relationship with a man who I could not see myself with. If I realized that I could not marry him, I would leave him.
With that said. I still have never given a flying chimp about his bank statement.
HOWEVER, I could never date a lazy man. Or a man who was happy working for Wat-A-Burger.
But that is because I find drive and ambition sexy. Not a matter of money. An Artist who makes no money but is driven to create is just as sexy (actually about 50Xs as much) than a man driven to make a million.

[quote=“jdsmith”]Well, that’s a matter or perspective isn’t it? I would say, for most women in Taiwan, dating is a method of getting a husband. Whereas dating is much more casual in the West.[/quote]I don’t know about women (that’s the problem, really.) But for ME, dating is done in the hope of forming a long-term relationship with the possibility of marriage in the future.

It is my experience that women both in the UK and in Taiwan are eager to jump into bed quite early on in a relationship. Of course that seems all very nice in the short term but, in my experience at least, it doesn’t bode well in the long term.

Get a dog. :loco: :loco:

G’day people. I’m finding this thread is meandering off course alot recently. That’s bound to happen a little when threads reach this size. However, please try to keep discussions somewhat centered around the OP’s concern. Make new threads for other gems of wisdom.

It might be a good idea for those who want to add commentary at this stage to not simply respond to the latest posts, but also have a look at the OP on page 1 and ask themselves how their comment relates to it.

Thanks a bunch.

Being with someone for whole life is such a big decision. So I guess it’s not easy. For me, if I think someone is impossible to be together for whole life, I won’t prefer to waste each other’s time.

I believe that there are plenty of girls that white men can choose in Taipei, but the girls also can choose them.

I can totally understand why you think white boys sometimes might be better than chinese boys. And I believe both advantages and disadvantages. Every relationship requires proper communication and understanding no matter you are being with white or yellow or black.

Anyway, good luck!

[quote=“ching12151215”]Being with someone for whole life is such a big decision. So I guess it’s not easy. For me, if I think someone is impossible to be together for whole life, I won’t prefer to waste each other’s time.
I believe that there are plenty of girls that white men can choose in Taipei, but the girls also can choose them.
I can totally understand why you think white boys sometimes might be better than Chinese boys. And I believe both advantages and disadvantages. Every relationship requires proper communication and understanding no matter you are being with white or yellow or black.
Anyway, good luck![/quote]
Best post so far on thread… :bravo: :bravo:

I can totally understand Lydiaz’s situation.I used to feel the same when I was still in Taiwan, didnt find majority of Taiwanese men attractive…I often find myself either jump in a “relationship” too fast and serious or being total indifference in my dating experience with western in Taiwan.
I felt mad that people accuse me Playing games but I just couldnt find THE ONE since most of my dates still wanna LOOK AROUND :fume:

I think its easier for asian girl come to western coutries to find a nice/sincere western guy instead of stay in Taiwan. Brit guys are dead cute btw :blush:

The OP’s a new poster. And a new, shallow, potato-chasing one at that. Every month we get a new fetishist. What a joke.

“I only date white men because I dated all 2 billion Chinese men and they’re idiots.”
“I only date men with brown eyes because I dated all other colored eyes and they’re idiots.”
“I only date women who wear blue because I dated women who wear pink and they’re idiots.”

[quote=“lydiaZ”]I do not want to play fliriting games. Don’t want to become anyone’s troubles. I am quite independent, mature and direct. I don’t like shopping, don’t like pretending -like being myself, talking to my boyfriend about life. No intend to get married because of my age or what they say taiwan social pressure. What I want is a true relationship ( honest, sincere, no cheating).
But, all the white guys I’ve dated always hurt me in the end. Either I am too serious or boring? not acted like a little girl I guess?!
I broke up with a man not too long ago. Even I did tell him that long distance is too hard to a relationship but he convinces me to try.
Ok, that is my problem,once I make a decision I will be very dedicated to it. Eventually he told me that he is not so devoted as I do. So he decided to give up becasue it is not a good way to contiune between a long distance.
I realized what he wants is just having good time with me whenever he is in Taipei,but he won’t invite me to join his future.
After few times I am really tired of this. I don’t like Asians ( too complicated to explain why). Also be honest, I do not think I will find a good man to dedicate my emotions, especially foreigners in Taipei.
TOo many girls for them to choose, and Taipei is only one of their stop pots.[/quote]

Damn…I wish I could meet someone more like this. The problem is it seems that whenever I do they:
A: Live in Taipei
or
B: Are in the process of or soon to be moving to Taipei.

From that perspective living in Tainan sucks ass.

So I understand where you’re coming from. I have the reverse problem.

I’m so having to agree with 914. I think a) the OP is choosing a partner based on race and b) I think that is pretty shitty.
And I think it is WAY more superficial than choosing based on clothes… which a person can control. Or financial status… which is also somewhat in one’s own command…