I realize it is mission impossible to find a cordial western

I do not want to play fliriting games. Don’t want to become anyone’s troubles. I am quite independent, mature and direct. I don’t like shopping, don’t like pretending -like being myself, talking to my boyfriend about life. No intend to get married because of my age or what they say taiwan social pressure. What I want is a true relationship ( honest, sincere, no cheating).
But, all the white guys I’ve dated always hurt me in the end. Either I am too serious or boring? not acted like a little girl I guess?!
I broke up with a man not too long ago. Even I did tell him that long distance is too hard to a relationship but he convinces me to try.
Ok, that is my problem,once I make a decision I will be very dedicated to it. Eventually he told me that he is not so devoted as I do. So he decided to give up becasue it is not a good way to contiune between a long distance.
I realized what he wants is just having good time with me whenever he is in taipei,but he won’t invite me to join his future.
After few times I am really tired of this. I don’t like asians ( too complicated to explain why). Also be honest, I do not think i will find a good man to dedicate my emotions, especially foreigners in taipei.
TOo many girls for them to choose, and taipei is only one of their stop pots.

it’s probably tough, but not impossible. There are good endings out there.

Good luck.

“All the white guys you’ve dated,” have hurt you in the end. How many is that? The thing that’s most likely to remain the same in all of your relationships is you. Start there. See if that doesn’t help.

And don’t worry about having trouble finding a nice white guy in Taiwan-- many of the white girls have the same trouble. Gee, come to think of it, most of the women I know back home have the same trouble. Guys ain’t easy to live with. Could be worse, though. You could be stuck trying to find a woman that you can live with.

It ain’t easy. Luck.

Then stop dating white guys. :unamused:

You come across as a victim.

Victims attract victimizers.

You get hurt by the victimizer and behave more and more like a victim.

The cycle continues until you break it. Don’t act like a victim and you won’t be treated like one.

Good luck!

Hum

Hi lydia,

There are nice people out there. I’d suggest relaxing for a while and not try to find a boyfriend. Take some time, go out with friends or concentrate more on your career. Don’t rush things and before you make any decision about seeing someone new, look at what you input and receive from the relationship. Look closely at yourself and think whether you need to change in order to attract a different kind of man - western or not.

My fiancee came into my life when I wasn’t looking for a partner - let alone a longtime one. Because e were both relaxed and not in a rush (for sex or excitement etc.) we built a relationship based on trust and friendship, two things that are vital if you want a long term partnership.

Good luck in your quest.

L.

Or try dating people, not racial types.

You’re thinking foreigner guys are better, but shouldn’t your experiences be telling you otherwise, hmm? :unamused:

Daryl van Horne said it best: [quote]Men are such cocksuckers aren’t they? You don’t have to answer that. It’s true.[/quote]

You’re looking for a loyal, honest, mature man to have a relationship with?

I know of twenty or so Taiwanese men who would fit the bill.

I know of an equal number of men from Western countries who would also fit the bill.

Unfortunately, all but one of the aforementioned men are either married or in a long-term relationship, and the one exception just ended a long-term relationship and is not eager to get into another one anytime soon.

But I only know a few hundred guys. There must be a few good ones left out there. Chin up.

[quote=“rachi86524”]Hum

Unless of course you are white guy bragging about “Asian fever”–that seems to be OK on the list of Forumosa Double Standards.

Well said… :bravo:

Gosh, since being in Taiwan, I’ve heard so many stories from Taiwanese women about how they were screwed over by western men, thus, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s a bad idea for Taiwanese girls to hook up with westerners.

Lydia, you say that you won’t date Taiwanese guys, why is that? Please explain fully.
Granted, I know that Taiwanese are often considered controlling and crazy in relationships, but Taiwan is a value progressive Asian country, so I’m sure not all of them are like that;moreover, do you know every Taiwanese guy in Taiwan?

[quote=“James651”]Gosh, since being in Taiwan, I’ve heard so many stories from Taiwanese women about how they were screwed over by western men, thus, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s a bad idea for Taiwanese girls to hook up with westerners.

Lydia, you say that you won’t date Taiwanese guys, why is that? Please explain fully.
Granted, I know that Taiwanese are often considered controlling and crazy in relationships, but Taiwan is a value progressive Asian country, so I’m sure not all of them are like that; moreover, do you know every Taiwanese guy in Taiwan?[/quote]

Why do you come to two different conclusions? :unamused:

Do you know every western man in Taiwan?

You know, if you always have the same problem it is typically your fault and not the fault of others.
Maybe you seek out the wrong men.
Maybe you have traits that make men want to get away from you.
Maybe both.

Are you one of those girls who acts and dresses like she THINKS white girls do in order to get a western man?
You know the ones, too loud, too much makeup, too little clothes… “but this is how the girls on Sex and The City are”…? (ARG)
If you are, the problem is you. Cuz men don’t typically dig that shit. You have to dress and act like you want to be treated and seek out the men who are attracted to the kind of person you are.
I know several western men here who are completely worth dating.
I also know several local men here who are completely worth dating.

[quote=“Tigerman”][quote=“James651”]Gosh, since being in Taiwan, I’ve heard so many stories from Taiwanese women about how they were screwed over by western men, thus, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s a bad idea for Taiwanese girls to hook up with westerners.

Granted, I know that Taiwanese are often considered controlling and crazy in relationships, but Taiwan is a value progressive Asian country, so I’m sure not all of them are like that; moreover, do you know every Taiwanese guy in Taiwan?[/quote]

Why do you come to two different conclusions? :unamused:

Do you know every western man in Taiwan?[/quote]

Humbly speaking you caught me on that, you’re right not every western guy is going to scew over a taiwan girl. And I know I don’t have stats to back me up but I have a few taiwanese girl friends (not dating) and every one of them has had western guys screw them.

Also a lot of my western guy friends are good guys but their ideas of relationships and dating differ greatly from taiwnese girl’s ideas

[quote=“James651”]

Humbly speaking you caught me on that, you’re right not every western guy is going to scew over a taiwan girl. And I know I don’t have stats to back me up but I have a few Taiwanese girl friends (not dating) and every one of them has had western guys screw them.[/quote]

And virtually all of the western male-Taiwanese female couples that I know have been happily married or otherwise together for many years, myself included (my wife and I just celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary on Tuesday).

So, does that mean that most western guys are good to their Taiwanese wives/significant others? No, of course it doesn’t. And neither does your own limited experience form a sound basis for any conclusion one way or the other.

[quote=“James651”]
Also a lot of my western guy friends are good guys but their ideas of relationships and dating differ greatly from taiwnese girl’s ideas[/quote]

In that case, perhaps the term of phrase, “screwing over” isn’t the best to describe what is happening to these Taiwanese girls who feel that they have been “screwed” by a western guy. No?

:bravo:
Congrats, Tigerman!