I sense that the jihad is coming to Forumosa

And what do Christians do? That’s just straight out stereotyping, baiting or whatever you want to call it. And what makes her posts make you assume that she’s a Christian? :unamused:

[quote=“ImaniOU”]
I have a proposition: Draw a picture of Uncle Tom as he would look if he were alive today.[/quote]

As ImaniOU once said: Ask and you shall recieve :smiley:

Do I dare laugh? Or even giggle? :laughing:

Laugh or giggle all you want, be aware that I have the right to bust a cap in yo ass for making fun of my people. :unamused:

Question to Imaniou, why must you use derogatory(sp) statements/images of blacks to get your point across? Without it, you seem to be doing a fine job of getting the message across.

What was all this business about “an eye for an and the world will be blind”…gee…didn’t take long to get past that did it?

Why should I care about thier beliefs and tenets? I don’t live in their country or on thier lands. As far as I know, Denmark belongs to the Danes. Moslems in Moslem nations care nothing of my beliefs and tenets. They (those who are intolerant bigots) can go fuck themselves, for all I care.

They can feel insulted. Who gives a shit? I have little respect for people who cannot control their tempers and passions. An insult is not injury unless one’s mind is so small that it can be hurt by mere words or pictures. Throughout history, countless wrongs have been committed in the name of “honor” and “insult”. Bullshit. That’s what I say. Fuck 'em if they can’t take a joke. Piss Christ caused a stir, as did the elephant dung Virgin Mary… but, I don’t recall anyone being stoned to death for those “crimes”…

Yes, it isn’t nice to purposely insult a person. But, its far worse to kill a person merely because he insults your idea.

And as far as Islam goes, and by that I mean as far as it is practiced… it is as much a matter of politics as it is of religion. And you know how I feel about the right to free unhindered uninhibited political speech.

Not likely. I state agin… when Piss Christ and Elephant Dung Virgin Mary were exhibited, the debate was over public vs. private funding for the same… I don’t recall anyone demanding the death of the artists or those who defended their rights to create such works of art.

Personally, I think religion is superstition, and it

This whole thread has gotten TOO far off topic:
Whar’s me (insert Deity here)DAMN tee-shairt?

TheGingerEarl

Well said. The taboos of a faith group are not/should not be applicable to those outside of it.

Sorry Nama. I do not mean my examples involving blacks to be demeaning, but as an example of a group that is also persecuted by the majority. It’s the closest “no-no, you can’t mock them…that would be wrong” as I can get.

Let’s all face it. Blacks have a huge chain of negative stereotypes shackled to their ankles because of the actions of a tiny minority of them. The same goes for Muslims. I don’t know any black people personally who sponge off the welfare system, popping out babies, or shoot up people for drugs; yet to listen to the majority (who, more often than not, do not know any black people personally), these people I have come to know would be an exception to the rule. I don’t know any Muslims who hate Christians or Jews, mistreat women, call a jihad on people at the drop of a hat, or have thought of becoming a human bomb because of some mythological idea of virgins awaiting them if they follow through. Yet they seem to be as existent as the Easter Bunny to listen to the poison being spewed out there.

Dragonbones, the attempt at playing the feminist card aside, you do realize that it’s not Christianity (or any other religion) that makes women earn half as much as their male counterparts, but a rather atheist/agonostic society that supports this. There are many cultures that downplay the equality of women. Point your finger at your penis before pointing it at a whole religion.

Gosh, isn’t it a bit ironic all this talk about ignoring the cultures, beliefs, and wishes of immigrants who adhere to a different set of ideas being shared by expatriates who accuse the Taiwanese of the very same thing? Bitching about Christmas and of them cracking jokes about 9/11. Kettle, pot, black.

If those who are so adamant about religion actually practiced one, then I could take your comments serious. But as this thread goes on, all I see is bashing of any form of religion.

Religion, IMO, is an organized group that provides a community and a link to one’s spiritual self. Something that as time has gone one is seemly fading to due to people’s need for immediate gratification. If you choose to believe in something higher than yourself, then it is your choice to express it in any means that will statisfy that urge.

What I don’t agree with is how people are bashing how people are expressing that freedom. This is not to defend those who are using their religion as a means to maintain control. All this talk about respect should be earned is bullocks in my book. The main reason,IMO, that people are revolting so strongly today and using unethical reasons to get their statements across is that we[color=darkred] do lack respect for each other[/color]. We do not give our fellow man the freedom to be whom s/he wants to be.

It is no one’s place to tell me that they have the freedom to say what they want to me until I ‘earn’ their respect. You might as well just spit into my face. I am human as you are and if you would like respect then be that example of what respect is. Perhaps then people would ‘earn’ your so called respect.

Respect is just an aspect of love, which should be given unconditionally. But we live in a very conditional world. I suggest that to those who will adamantly disagree with this post, ask yourself this question-When you see what don’t like in this world, is it because it’s reflecting back to you what you possess within yourself?

Thank you for sharing that. It sets it straight for me. Now keep on keepin’ on. :bravo:

for argument’s sake, assuming that the cartoons were out of line do the actions of a single newspaper warrant a sometimes violent assault on an entire nation, people and businesses??? if this can’t be justified can such protests have ANY call on merit or correctness whatsoever?

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”][quote=“Namahottie”]Just so we can be fair, from a christian to my friends. A video that mocks God’s word

The Farting Preacher[/quote]

So…do you [i]really[/i] think someone is going to try and cut your head off now? :unamused:

Don’t worry Nama, as Voltaire once said: “I may not agree with what you
say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”
[/quote]

Surely, you are not attempting to quote Voltaire, an Anti-Semtic, in defence of supposed Blasphemy?

It raises an interesting (yet futile) question: Does god (wahtever name is given) tolerate discourse, and fracture of belief?

Essentially the whole point at the focal point of the conspiracy was basically to taunt Muslim extremists. It was like wrapping their arm in several steaks and sticking it into a lion’s cage (sorry, Stray Dog) to say, “Na, na, na, I ain’t scared of you.” Well surprise, surprise. The lion is attacking. You don’t fuck around with lions using food as bait and you don’t fuck around with Islamists using blasphemy of their religion as bait. Neither one can be reasoned with, but you can appeal to them by using the right tricks. Treat your pets with respect and they are unlikely to tear a chunk out of you. Treat Muslims with respect and they’re less likely to bomb your apartment building.

If no one got respect until they earned it, we’d be running around disrespecting everyone because we would be pissed off for not being respected. Seeing that your approach of earned respect isn’t working, why not try an approach some of us might be familiar with: turning the other cheek…killing them with kindness (figuratively, not literally, please!)…catching more flies with honey than with vinegar. I guarantee you aren’t going to make friends by kicking sand in their faces and then pissing on them when they get mad about it.

It’s funny how Gandhi has been quoted and mentioned numerous times in this thread, as has Jesus Christ, yet people seem to miss the point that these men both taught peace.

As I tell my students whenever they start pointing fingers, “It is not important who started it. It is important that it is stopped right now.” I hope you guys will not be outdone by preschoolers. :rainbow:

er, I hope you guys and the whole world will not be outdone by preschoolers. :rainbow:

Imani,

I’m sorry, but I simply do not see any support for this assertion.

You’d have to define “respect” for your statement to have any meaning. As far as I can tell, the Islamofascists define 'respect" the same way a hockey player does… i.e., it means “to fear”.

And if all I get for giving respect is the knowledge that they will be “less likely” to bomb my home, well, that just doesn’t cut it. I want them to stay completely the fuck out of my life and my country, if they are going to behave as walking time-bombs that can be set off easily at the slightest perception of being disrespected. Fuck them.

To some extent that 's true. But I think it springs from a simple explanation, ie, the point summarised/raised by Toasty:

Attempt to squeeze liberties and people will push back. Those advocating restraints on the rights of others to mock religious belief have unsurprisingly argued from a religious perspective. Of course, that simply cuts no mustard if you don’t have a religious belief.

I’ve not seen one post here that has advocated violence in any shape or form, be it burning down mosques or severing heads. However, . . .

HG

Imani,

I’m sorry, but I simply do not see any support for this assertion.

You’d have to define “respect” for your statement to have any meaning. As far as I can tell, the Islamofascists define 'respect" the same way a hockey player does… i.e., it means “to fear”.

And if all I get for giving respect is the knowledge that they will be “less likely” to bomb my home, well, that just doesn’t cut it. I want them to stay completely the fuck out of my life and my country, if they are going to behave as walking time-bombs that can be set off easily at the slightest perception of being disrespected. Fuck them.[/quote]

I’m gonna get flamed for this, but in some ways this can be applied to the angry inner city youth, i suppose mostly blacks, in america. They talk about respect while disrespecting others. They talk about racism while being racist.