Ice Cube

I saw him in some family movie last night as I was flipping through the channels. The one where he has to babysit and the kids drive him crazy…I find it strange that this guy is doing family movies. Ever heard gangsta gangsta? Here are some of his lyrics, “Do I look like a mothafuckin rolemodel? To a kid lookin up to me, life ain’t nothin but bitches and money” I don’t have any kids, do those of you with kids watch his movies?

The guy’s an actor, and has been for quite a few years.

I think growing up and having kids does something to a person… don’t you?

And I think you’re going to be hard pressed to build a net work of 145 million sticking to being a gangsta rapper.

[quote=“USA WEEKEND”]
Today, the 34-year-old is a married father of four who’s made the improbable leap from firebrand MC to bankable actor, writer, director and producer

[…]

“Some people can’t accept you evolving”
When it comes to rap, everybody’s hot for their period of time. Not to spin that off into bigger and better things for yourself is just crazy. Some people can’t accept you evolving and discovering new talents. Put it this way: If I was just rapping, some of the great entertainers we have today wouldn’t be here. We wouldn’t have Chris Tucker. I put him in his first movie. We wouldn’t have Bernie Mac. I put him in his first movie. I mean, for me to still be doing “Death Certificate” would be stupid. [That album] was done in '91, and if you really want that, it’s available for you to go get.[/quote]

[quote=“miltownkid”]I think growing up and having kids does something to a person… don’t you?

And I think you’re going to be hard pressed to build a net work of 145 million sticking to being a gangsta rapper.

[quote=“USA WEEKEND”]
Today, the 34-year-old is a married father of four who’s made the improbable leap from firebrand MC to bankable actor, writer, director and producer

[…]

“Some people can’t accept you evolving”
When it comes to rap, everybody’s hot for their period of time. Not to spin that off into bigger and better things for yourself is just crazy. Some people can’t accept you evolving and discovering new talents. Put it this way: If I was just rapping, some of the great entertainers we have today wouldn’t be here. We wouldn’t have Chris Tucker. I put him in his first movie. We wouldn’t have Bernie Mac. I put him in his first movie. I mean, for me to still be doing “Death Certificate” would be stupid. [That album] was done in '91, and if you really want that, it’s available for you to go get.[/quote][/quote]

It still seems odd - what about snoop, is he a father? They stuck him in about everything now, maybe Disney will invest in the crips or something…

What’s so attractive about organised crime, drugs, guns and drive-by shootings ?

I think it massages some “warrior spirit” gene men have or something.

No need to be condescending. Doesn’t anyone else find it strange? BTW his last album was in 2006. So it’s not like he quit the gansta thing and grew up. He is still doing both.

How do you know he quit? Or gave up the gansta thing? No I don’t find it strange, but why are you posting about it here? Wouldn’t Vibe or other Hip Hop websites be better?

The last album was in 2006, it’s 2007 and he’s working on Barbershop 3 now in pre-production.

I think we are all missing the Big picture here:

IT"S ABOUT THE MONEY!!!

If you can’t figure that out, you’re just dim.

Cheers,
Okami

[quote=“Okami”]I think we are all missing the Big picture here:

IT"S ABOUT THE MONEY!!!

If you can’t figure that out, you’re just dim.

Cheers,
Okami[/quote]

Don’t you mean it’s all about the Benjamins?

Because a movie/CD about a black American who studies hard, sacrafices, and works his/her ass off to be a dentist or

optometrist isn’t exciting to whitey audiences who buy all this crap. Rather they appear to be savages and shiftless criminals in

the great minstrial show we call Rap Music Americano.

Holy shit, I am starting to see a pattern here, it’s not even a debate or a discussion anymore. It seems like some of you just like to argue and insult people. Not reading my post and adding a reply that doesn’t make sense or dropping some generic one liner makes you look dim. Carry on dimwits! Oh and by the way, for those of you who have compained about my avatar, I will be happy to change it for you. :unamused: :unamused:

Anyone who embraces what I mentioned is to be insulted and condemned. Is it not a good thing he rejects violence ?

I want to know why he rejected Architecture.

Trained architect, and then he raps lines such as:

“Big cars, big jewels, big d#cks”
“Big d#cks in your mouth are bad for your health”
“One p#ssy and thirteen dicks”

Hmmm. Maybe he is still heavily influenced by skyscrapers.

I wish I could make money by singing about male reproductive organs while looking grumpy.

I agree. Ice Cube’s transition from hardcore rapper to kiddes movie star is one of the most unbelievable leaps of faith Hollywood has ever expected us to make.

The man who penned and rapped this:

Not guilty the filthy devils tried ta kill me
When the news get to the hood then niggas will be
hotter than cayenne pepper, cuss, bust
Kickin up dust is a must
I can’t trust a cracker in a blue uniform
Stick a nigga like a unicorn
Vaugn, wicked, Lawrence Powell, foul
Cut his fuckin throat and I smile
Go to Simi Valley and surely
somebody knows the address of the jury
Pay a little visit, “Who is it?” (Who is Ice Cube?)
“Can I talk to the grand wizard?” then boom
Make him eat the barrel, modern day feral
Now he’s zipped up like leather tuscadero
Pretty soon we’ll catch Sergeant Coon
Shoot him in the face, run up in him witta broom
Stick prick, devils ain’t shit
Introduce his ass to the AK40 dick
Two dazed niggas layin in the cut
To get some respect we had to tear this muthafucka up

Also starred in: Are we there yet? and is shooting the sequel: Are we done yet?

I enjoy his rapping. But as an actor he is only good in Friday and Ghosts of Mars.

give the guy a break
should we send kids to foster families when a guy decides to embrace a political career?