⛸ Ice Skating | Ice Skating in Taipei

I did a search and he info is about four years old, so does anyone know any current information on ice skating in Taipei? I haven’t had any skates on since coming here and would love to get back on the ice… as well as take the girlfriend and see her fall a few times!

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Taipei Arena at Dunhua N road and NanJing E road.
2nd floor Ice Land
I don’t know what the hours are or how much it costs.

There is a rink immediately next to Xizhi Carrefour and Acer HQ. It is out just past the Xizhi Costco for those more familiar w/ that shop.

Of course, this is only available in Taipei… nothing around Taichung… right ?

Is the Taichung ring closed?

It has been closed for over 4 years now. The government has already broken ground on a new one to be built in Kaohshiung and I’ve heard mention of plans for one in Taichung sometime in the future.

Your best bet is still the Taipei Arena, as Dr McCoy mentioned. It’s something like $250 or $300 for public skating, including skate rental and equipment, and that runs pretty much from 9am to 9pm, except if the arena is booked for something else.

Yeah, the Taichung rink (A1) used to be the only one on the island, but folded years ago. Terrible ice: soft slush.

Rumor has it that Kaohsiung will be getting a rink… no idea when.

I know very little about Taipei - is Taipei Arena still the place for public skating? I was told there’s also a place very near an Ikea - is that the same one.

I’m looking to take our 4yr old on the ice for the first time - wondering if they do skates that small.

That’s still the place. Not entirely sure about skate size, but you ought to be fine.

Yes, same place.

They should have skates that small. We took our then-5-year-old there last year and they had skates his size.

Wonderful, thkx both. Shall try and head over there when we’re up.

In the end there was no ice-skating, because Nuit Jnr had a cold and Mrs Nuit was concerned about the chill of the ice and the rink air-temp. But instead !, we went roller-blading at Y17 near NTU Hosp - a B2 car-park conversion into Taipei’s largest roller-blading area. Then felt bad because beforehand Nuit Jnr had been full of “I’m very good at skating”, even though she’d never tried before, and she got very frustrated with the reality of balancing on wheels.

Did anyone know that Nangang has an ice-skating ring?

Yes inside the Arena (小巨蛋). Oh, wait. That is not in Nangang. So where is it?

This one? Is it still there? Thought it was a temporary setup when I saw it originally.

I saw people skating, the thing is still there.

Maybe a seasonal thing. It’s come and gone a couple times.

Supposedly a ne ice skating rink is opening in Dazhi in April.