Icecream shops in Taipei

With the temperatures slowly coming up again maybe we shoud get prepared for the weeks and months ahead: What is the best ice cream available in Taiwan? I am not talking about Chua Bing, but western-style icecream.

I was surprised when I went down in the 101 shopping mall: there are at least 5 different ice cream vendors, the brands I didn’t here before.

Also, next to Haagen Dazs, are there any other nice ice-cream places with good athmosphere?

imo, starbucks mudpie ice cream and a good movie, at home, is better than any ice cream shop. available at some 7-11s.

any ben and jerrys here?

oooh… does anybody know if Jason’s carries B & Js?? Wouldn’t that be nice…

I like the Taiwanese ice cream joint (Snow King / Shwei Wang /

Swason?! Do they have good ice-cream?? I used to like Baskin Robins here in TW but for some reason, they were gone, I wonder why…

If you really want a good hang out place, the HD would be the place so far. Or I guess you can go downstairs at any malls and they will have ice-cream shops as well!!

Where’s the gelato, is what I want to know?
I saw a “gelato” shop in 101, but it certainly didn’t look like the proper stuff to me. No swirls of nutella, no cappuccino, no big plump cherries. Just green tea, taro, thin looking-no lumps yuck.

I saw B&J shops in Hong Kong, they have been there since 1-2 years. But never saw the brand here in Taiwan

There is kind of a nice place on Guangfu South Road next to the Sun Yat-sen Memorial entrance–good ice cream and servers wearing cowhide. Oh yeah, there’s outdoor seating behind the shop (in what appears to be the SYS Memorial!!!) Don’t know the name… looks like an American chain store from Seattle, but don’t know if it really is.

YES! I’d take Swensons over the overly creamy, not to mention over-priced, Haagen Dazs any day. It has a much more solid texture. The one next to the RenAi-Dunhua traffic circle has good atmosphere to boot.

Movenpick at Breeze isn’t too shabby. I agree, Haagen Daz is really overpriced, but it seems to be the only good ice cream you can get at 7-11 sometimes. I got into a yelling match over the consistency of a milkshake with some stupid bitch at Baskin Robbins when it was here. It was so thin it was like water. They tossed the shake and gave me my money back.

For those who do like Haagen Dazs, Working House has a buy 2 get 1 free promotion currently. (Working House is household knick-knacks chain with about a billion shops in Taiwan.)

Off topic, but has anyone ever heard of the Ice Cream shop that has all sorts of “different” flavors, in addition to the normal ones? Stuff like Sesame Chicken Ice Cream, and stuff like that.

I’ve heard people talk about it, but never knew what it was called, or where it was. I’d like to check it out, if anything, for curiosity’s sake.

[quote=“Ben”]Off topic, but has anyone ever heard of the Ice Cream shop that has all sorts of “different” flavors, in addition to the normal ones? Stuff like Sesame Chicken Ice Cream, and stuff like that.

I’ve heard people talk about it, but never knew what it was called, or where it was. I’d like to check it out, if anything, for curiosity’s sake.[/quote]

Check out my post above:

forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?p=139976#139976

The joint is called