ICRT (part 2)

Who needs pirate radio, we’ve got TEH INTARNET.

No not pirate radio… satellite radio… comes with satellite TV… free of course

No not pirate radio… satellite radio… comes with satellite TV… free of course[/quote]

Yeah but again the problem is the lack of Taiwan related material. For instance, weather. Typhoons days aren’t exactly informed out in english from what I can tell. Of course I usually hear from my Taiwanese friends well in advance. But stuff like that.

I wonder how much it would cost to start-up a small radio station. Assuming it’s as bloody expensive as I think, wonder what it would take for a small pirate radio station least in the evenings. Quick 1-2 hour news blast for kicks.

okay i wanna be fair to ICRT. here’s what i propose:

go back to mostly english programming

make a playlist based on customer demand

have a smash or trash hour once a week for songs by either signed or unsigned artists. yes, play anybody’s record especially those phoney pop stars so they can lose against bedroom studio warriors who actually have talent.

are you listening ICRT?

icrt could be the voice and outlet for good music! think of the possibilties!!

imagine a world without payola or brittany!

Buy and iPod and move on.

Or

Start your own station. live365.com/broadcast/index.live

Admitting you listen to ICRT is like telling people you have a serious case of herpes. Its embarassing and uncomfortable - don’t do it.

ICRT is quite possibly the worst radio station I’ve ever listened to. I was fortunate to live in Chia Yi, we didn’t get it there. There really hasn’t been any music worth listening to. I’ll stick to my GNR and KISS and Pink Floyd Cd’s.

[quote=“Bassman”][quote=“Mother Theresa”]And another thing Bassman, don’t mess with me, it’s Friday night and I’m on my second drink. Woooohooooo.

Why the hell would anyone listen to ICRT anyway? For the news? What, you don’t read it in the paper or online? For the traffic reports? You gotta be kidding. The traffic sucks, what more is there to say? To practice your English? To listen to a bunch of blowhard DJs practicing their English? Who cares? For the advertising?

If you like music buy a CD player and turn off the radio. Otherwise, turn it off anyway and enjoy some peace and quiet.[/quote]

I like to listen to the nonsense of the morning crew.

Listening to ICRT helps me to improve my inferior NZ English and develop a much more standard accent :wink:

I hate the Jazz show
I can’t stand Jeff and besides he is never in the studio. Checked the live cam once or twice just to see how gay he looks and no one was there.

Most radio stations do suck, this one slightly more than average but in Taiwan I will take what I can get, granted it isn’t much.[/quote]

Did I write that? :loco:

What on earth was I thinking. I hope I was kidding. :astonished:

I’d like to start a petition to destroy ICRT, and in “destroy” I mean - burn every thing attatched to it to ash, then burn the ashes until there’s nothing left “destroy.”

I’ve always hated it. When it was mostly English it was atrocious and completely USELESS. Information about typhoons, quakes, etc. was often too late to be useful and infrequently brought up. The ‘news’ was worse than the (mainland) Chinese news Agencies and devoid of substance (and often deligated to ungoldy hours of the day). Instead, it was mostly soulless car salesmen-voiced, personalityless automatons flirting for endless hours with bored Pinoy domestics slaving around the island who were given one convenience - a radio - by their slavekeepers, er “employers.”

Ironically, it’s MORE TOLLERABLE in its Chinese format, but it is still the big #2 as far as radio on planet earth goes. Keep in mind that when I say “more tollerable” i mean “more tolelrable” in a “I’d rather have my forearm smacked with a baseball bat than directly on my kneecaps, by bing-lan spitting, Japanese-geta wearing goo ho jai

The interent. It’s the ONLY way to go (unless you’re wise enough to get a shortwave radio).

ICRT was NEVER “in touch” with anyone but Pinoy domestics, and while I love the Pinoy people, out-of-date, cheese-filled-turd pop and robo-deejays are only LESS annoying than the DPP.

INTERNET! INTERNET! INTERNET!

Now, to get peopel to beg ICRT just to fold and NEVER come back. In fact, a public apology for all of the years of craptacular terrestrial broadcasting should be the order of the day - in English, Mandarin, Hokklo, Hakkanese, and EVERY aboriginal dialect imaginable - for the pain and suffering it brought about simply by EXISTING.

ICRT really meant “Idiotic, Constipated, Radiophonic Trash.”
:bravo:

Yes, Slick Ric suffered and researched ICRT closely (like combing a train wreck with a microscope - all with the awe of a 12 year old watching a side show geek bite the heads off of chickens) so others didn’t have to! :notworthy:

What?

Yow!!!

taipeitimes.com/News/edit/ar … 2003220622

I agree with the gentleman’s complain in the Taipei times link.

ICRT has ALWAYS been crap. The only group who loses from it going under would be the Pinoy domestics, whom I believe constitute the highest percentage of non-local listenership.

Internet, baby. It’s the only way to go for timely news and weather on Taiwan and the world - and good radio (while you can still enjoy it! Japanese radio stations have dwindled into oblivion thanks to JARSAC - Japan’s answer to the evil RIAA from the states - who continue to try and stifle American net radio broadcasting) is plentiful.

Me and the Mrs. have been racking our brains over this one. On ICRT there is a jingle that we just cant understand.
"ICRT, fm100, ICRT … :help: " It sounds like one of the following:

1. real radio life
  2. free ready your life
  3. we radio life

Put us out of our misery by either giving us the answer, or hunting us down and shooting us in our respective places of work.

Ta very much like.

is the answer.

Well, what the heck does that mean? I thought ICRT was the English radio station? :s

Yeah, couldn’t believe that one.

I initially thought it was Real Radio Life (which was bad enough, but not gramatically wrong), then I found out it was actually We Radio Life.

What a sad representation of where ICRT has gone.

Anyway, TomHill, have a look at the ICRT thread for more info. Very interesting reading.

[url]ICRT - is it serving you?

Thanks for that, I thought the answer would invove crappy English.

Grateful for the link stu, but thats a 13 pager! Me no have brain skill for thinking for long time. Ug ug. :smiley:

CavemanHill.

ICRT’s explaination of the jingle is in this article: publish.pots.com.tw/english/Feat … index.html
You can make up your mind if it’s bollocks or not when they say it’s not “We radio life”

Well, here’s the exact quote…

[quote]
In defense of the jingle, Ms. Chu explained, “It’s not ‘We Radio Life’. ‘ICRT Radio Life’ - that’s our jingle. It’s just the way they sing.” She sang the jingle. “In the front there’s ICRT already, so if you said, ‘ICRT, ICRT Radio life,’ it would seem really weird,” she said.

When pressed on grammar issues, Ms. Chu elaborated, "There was lots of debating internally, and we actually sent an email to everybody saying, “It’s not ‘We radio life,’ it’s ‘ICRT radio life,’ because it’s lifestyle, entertainment, news -”

POTS Extra here was forced to politely interrupt and insist that “We radio life” makes no sense because it has no verb. At this, Ms. Chu did laugh and admit, "It’s wrong. It’s wrong."[/quote]

She doesn’t even deny it really, she just says that “we” represents “ICRT”. Still makes no sense gramatically.
P.S. Note the bit in bold.

So I am confused now. Does she admit that the person sings WE or not? I can definitely hear a ‘word’ being spoken before ‘radio life’ is it weeee?

WeeeeeeRadioLife.

Mrs. Hill will be over the moon when I show her this, cos she wins. I reckoned it was ‘real radio life’ cos there are 2 jingles using this expression and they sound a bit different from one another.