ICRT Radio 2020 and Beyond

Is it wrong that I prefer natural vibes and urban scenery?

DJ Ron Stuart right now Sunday afternoon.

He’s good.

Sunday afternoon DJ is freaking top of the world.

He would be dominating markets in the USA. Even international satellite radio SiriusFM level.

How about other countries?

And what in the hell is he doing here with skills like that? Must be just wants to be in Taiwan and keep his skills sharp or something.

Does anyone else (that cares) have problems picking up ICRT radio signal?

Everywhere I go in Taiwan, home, cars, wherever in Taiwan, I cannot pick up a decent radio signal.

So I exclusively only listen on the internet via data. Using my phone through the Bluetooth in the car or headphones when I’m out and about all over Taiwan which is where I go weekly or even at home. And I live in central Taipei few minutes from 101.

The empty headed morning DJ always gives the time hack sometimes to the second. What is that about? Who does that anywhere on a radio show in the world?

Many or most people are listening via the internet. Which is always a little bit delayed so giving a time hack is meaningless actually stupid.

I wish they would just consider that some percentage of people are listening on the internet that has a bit of a delay, and the time hack is frivolous and like makes some people (me) want me to bang head against the wall.

It’s just a reinforcing other reason to realize I can’t depend on ICRT. I used to listen to them in the morning getting ready for work but the time is f****** wrong and blows my mind so I just quit listening to them in the mornings. Well also the DJ sucks but that’s a different subject.

I believe it’s still a thing in Canada, once a day - I grew up with it at 10am in my time zone. I’ve used it to set watches or clocks, but that was long ago.

Doing it often, however, does seem odd.

https://nrc.canada.ca/en/certifications-evaluations-standards/canadas-official-time/cbc-radio-daily-time-broadcast

EDIT: re: radio signals, I thought about trying this just now to check - since I’m in full-on procrastination mode - but I’m not sure I have anything in the apartment that receives radio signals these days. Maybe there’s a shortwave radio buried somewhere?

The DJ right now is a riot I’m falling off the couch.

Turn it on right now if you can.

Is this recorded? To listen later.

Ron Stuart Sunday afternoon’s Raw Radio is one of my favorite radio hosts ever anywhere.

1 Like

Ron’s great fun. I wonder why they don’t use him more?

I picked up the impression that he’s only available part time or only wants to do a few hours a week or something.

Still I purposely tune in Sunday afternoons just for him sometimes even when I’m outside of Taiwan like on a beach in Philippines or something. Friends and strangers have asked me what I’m listening to and I say a radio station in Taiwan and it kind of blows their mind.

Can watch live video steam on Twitch. He talks more.

When I’m driving home from work and Ron’s covering for Joseph Lin… Big smiles.

This show is so good and interesting tonight.

Christmas music, other good music from the early broadcast years, narrated by host in context with background.

Sunday morning 10am now 2 hours of some of the best music reviews anywhere in the world right now and every Sunday morning ICRT.

James Ross reviews the decades out of UK.

That feeling when you’re driving home from work expecting Joseph…

and Ron’s standing in!

1 Like

I like Sundays.

Afternoon popping w Ron, evening winding down w Jazz n Blues.

1 Like

Ron Stuart is a riot and brightens my Sundays even when it’s cloudy and rainy.

https://www.icrt.com.tw/icrt_channel.php

1 Like

Today is ICRT anniversary and they are having a full day of guest DJs from the past.

2 Likes

Video live on twitch if want to see some of the previous DJs.

ICRT on Twitch! Twitch

Ron Is On

I really do not like this guy Ron. His voice just oozes something vile.