Identify this cool white plate bike

Identify please.?

New Taipei city

P

1 Like

I’m not a motorcycle guy, but that thing sure is pretty.

I’ve been trying to identify it, but so far, I’m not having much luck. That sticker says “Route 66,”1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and it’s got an illustration-type picture of an older-type gas (petrol) station gas pump. The circular thing (never did learn whether those were just signs or served some other purpose(s) as well) of the gas pump might say “Texaco” or something along those lines (some oil company or other), but I can’t read it. The playing card spade has a skull emblem in it. Does that blown-up pic say “HARTFORD”? Hard to tell. Hartford’s a town in Connecticut.

Wallace Stephens, the poet, was known for saying, “I am a lawyer, and I live in Hartford.” Mark Twain also lived in Hartford.

I’ll probably keep obsessively goofing around with this, but I don’t think I’m gonna succeed in identifying it.

But it’s kind of fun. Thanks for posting that.

I gotta go get ready for the garbage truck.

2 Likes

Somebody is really Jonesing for Pic Quiz. :sweat_smile:

@hannes, please put this poor man out of his misery!

2 Likes

But I always lose! :slight_smile:

It’s the journey, not the destination. :bowing:

1 Like

I guess the manufacturer is a Taichung company. But that company makes a bunch of different models, and I don’t think I’m going to be able to figure out which model it is.

That might be a Hartford engine but pretty much everything else did not come with the bike. It’s an odd custom mod job with a scrambler front, chopper gas tank, and almost cafe racer rear.

The engine might be from a clouded leopard 223h, but the frame has definitely been modified. Clearly a custom swing arm to fit the big rear tire.

If that’s a legit license plate, good luck transferring ownership!

2 Likes

Whoa! You’re an actual expert about this stuff!

I saw somebody on the 'net who goes by the name on the gas tank, but I haven’t been able to connect that person with the motorcycle.

I wouldn’t call myself an expert, but since the engine says Hartford that’s definitely a Hartford engine, nobody is gonna lie about that.

It’s just a random spare parts bike with a fancy paint job on the gas tank. Ace Lu is not a manufacturer, maybe Lu is the name of the guy who did the work. The ace is an old school biker motif

I often see Sym Wolf tanks (actually an old Honda design discontinued by Honda but still made in Taiwan) with Honda logos on, butbthe engine is still Sanyang

Anyways, if someone wants to buy a bike just like that one, that is the only one

2 Likes

It’s a modded mutt.

3 Likes

I waited 15 minutes for the guy to turn up then left.
I wanted to know more about it and specifically the paint job (like who did it).
Then ask him how much lol. If I see him again I’ll ask. Thanks for the info , that was just too special to miss taking pictures. I actually I turned back around to investigate.

2 Likes

This was my guess but closer look I decided its a Hartford HD due to the kick starter and carb

the tank looks like a Harley peanut tank

the frame looks like it was modded from the standard see above image

front forks have had shrouds added but look like they come of a my dream, wheels too

rear mudguard could be from the my dream also, aftermarket rear shocks a bit shorter than stock to bring the back end down

I can’t make my mind up if the “Ace Lu” is a vinyl covering up the original pinstripe work (which would be a shame)

if your looking for some nice paint there is a company called Rover Works who are turning out some nice stuff at the moment

you can also look up AFS Custom Bikes a local guy who is really laid back and turns out some nice custom white plates

I like The Assassin 125

and Redman 59

4 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, a real expert
:bowing:

3 Likes

by no means an expert or even a novice just an interested individual who has had to knock up a few frankensbikes due to being skint. (with the help of friends who where always in a similar predicament)

4 Likes

You’re very humble.
That was about 300 metrs from my abode so if he’s local Iwill see him again.
I’m a Chinese speaker so can ask him in more fetsil if he’s local. Thanks

3 Likes

Next time, sit on it. He’ll be there in a flash. Or she!

2 Likes

Most of these modded bikes you see start out with a KTR frame and use that as the basic platform. Lots of aftermarket parts available. That 223 engine is a popular engine swap as well.

1 Like

This looks great, but that saddle shape and incline along with the handlebar position surely can’t be very accommodating to the testicles?

5 Likes

It’s also a hardtail with forward foot pegs, so don’t hit any pot holes if you’re considering having kids. :wink:

4 Likes

It’s likely a custom job that has a Hartford engine. Probably used a Hartford engine and everything else is locally made. Just a guess.

Taiwan makes a lot of stuff that seems odd, and have a thing about mixing anything. Basically barf a bunch of design ideas onto some medium and call it good. You see this at pizza hut.

1 Like