Identity politics and dating

He`ll stick to the Constitution, not legislate from the bench.

You have no idea what’s he’s going to do.

Jeesh! I was gradually moving from my weak centrist position to the right, but I’m not sure I want to be judged by the company I keep in this case.

I think so, too. He’s also very smart, he’s a family man with daughters, and according to all who know him he’s thought very highly of if not loved outright.

Your first point is an important one, though. Democrats have a history of using the US Constitution to mean whatever it takes to advance their agenda du jour. For example, Roe. Democrats have never in 45 years attempted to encode Roe in Federal law. They’ve been perfectly happy to allow a SC decision to stand as legislation. Kavanaugh will never stand for that, and I think that is guaranteed.

It’s a very good example, because it also highlights quite clearly what is not being suggested, which is some grand conspiracy. CNN for example clearly has an anti gun agenda, which is fine.

I remember Piers Morgan who is a Brit went off on a couple of NRA people and lost his job as a result. But like many Brits he thinks the US gun laws are simply nuts. No one is forcing him to say anything he doesn’t passionately already believe.

Kavanough is the same, the starting point is they already detest him. No one is telling them what to do, so long as they think they have their ass covered they are willing participants. Then when the story falls apart, they sure as hell don’t want to highlight the stink they created so they move on, hope the fallout is not so large they are forced to reluctantly make a correction which they do in a 10 second clip at 3am, or if it’s a newspaper on page 22 in the middle of the classifieds after running front page stories for days.

Before anyone is in with whataboutisim, yes of course right wing media do it too. Everything you read needs critical thinking, fact checking and alternate sources to form a balanced opinion.

How could you possibly know this? Entering IP* is like entering a Twilight Zone of logic.

• Apologies. Dating and Relationships.
2 Likes

Fair point. I should have qualified that by saying instead “by all accounts, according to all who know him …”

I certainly do not know him, and I didn’t mean to sound like I do.

it’s a fun account, but good parody is never too far from reality. Pic related.

That still doesn’t work. Unless you know all who know him.

Are we back to “just probably not a rapist” ?

I am pleased with the result . I am still not going to gloat because one would hope that we can move on . I think due process was followed and upheld . Things must be investigated … to find legal bias in his past decisions etc, . After having had 7 fbi investigations already, I am happy enough that the man is not the devil incarnate . I fear that not many politicians would have survived such scrutiny . Ford had a right to be heard … she was . It’s sad that I think she was a tool for someone else’s agenda … and I doubt that some were concerned as much about her , as to de-railing the proceedings . Personally , I think that they have weakened the metoo movement .That is a shame for genuine accusers and victims imo. USA seems to dislike lawless fanaticism .

1 Like

What is wrong with you? That’s incitement to violence.

Plus, it’s who’s. It seems to be par for the course to include a blindingly obvious grammar Nazi ‘error’.

Mea culpa. I started this thread in Dating and Relationships in good conscience. However, I think it needs to be sent down to one of the political fora. I feel like my brain is going into atrophy.

Guess I should back up and say that I’m not sure any of this will “work” for you.

Also, I completely ignore anyone who knows Kavanaugh and who came forward during the recent Democrat shitstorm. Prior to that time, many people were willing to come forward and give their personal opinion of him and his character. I never heard of anybody, prior to this summer, who publicly stated he was a bad guy. Nobody said he was argumentative, a drunk, an argumentative drunk, a serial rapist, an assaulter of young women, or even that he cheats at baseball. By all accounts that I know of given during the time prior to summer, he is well-loved.

Of course CB Ford and possibly others had differing opinions. Unfortunately all of their opinions were made public after the Democrats had decided to do “whatever it takes” to block his confirmation. ymmv

Ehm , that’s not a parody account…Mike Douch is, I was referring to that one.
Twitter and Reddit are full of moderate and peaceful people talking about that kind of topic, and I thought 4chan was bad!

We have suspected that for a few years now :drooling_face: I think , in all fairness, as there was no specific Thread for the Judge; this was closest. Emotive issues…go with the flow.:wink:

1 Like

Posting logical, provable points “works” for me. Every time.

It makes no difference if it’s parody. You are posting an incitement to violence.

I’m not, that person is, wtf

Understandable. I don’t think this or any other online forum changes minds, and I’m not trying to change yours.

But I agree with you.