Identity politics and dating

Sorry Shia, Robotopia will take a bit longer.

1 Like

I’m guessing the days American women would have to travel to Canada to get an abortion are approaching.

Bad, but predictable, guess.

Well I guess the rich ones can afford Canada. The poor ones will go to Mexico (and possibly die). How’s that for a guess?

Even worse, but par for the course.

What would be a good guess then? You believe that these new hardcore conservative justices won’t do anything to the abortion rights?

They’ll probably just go to California.

Before you go pointing to Canada as this beacon of progressivism, abortion was legal in the US (thanks to Nixon and Justice Blackmun) more than a full decade before it became legal in Canada. R v Morgentaler - Wikipedia

Kavanaugh has admitted to Collins he will adhere to past precedents. More scaremongering by the activist Dims.

Sarah Palin, is that you?

2 Likes

If politician’s words are reliable my poop is gold.

But he is not a politician. I trust Supreme Court and lower court justices and their word a hell of a lot more than politicians or professors for that matter.

Techinically he’s not a politician, but he certainly acts like one.

3 Likes

Many on the right would like to try, but it won’t be that easy. Worst case scenario is that it would go to states’ rights, and that would take many years. So if you were to say a woman may have to cross state lines many years down the road, that would be a slightly more realistic guess. But I doubt it will come to that.

The outrage on the left about the politicisation of justices is pure horse shit. They are making Kavanaugh look like he is the first justice to be political.

Have you even watched the news or ever read Supreme Court literature? Jesus, look what Justice Thurgood Marshall, a hero to many on the left, said about Reagan. Politically neutral and a proper temperament-- my ass!!!

Thurgood Marshall said: “I wouldn’t do the job of dogcatcher for Ronald Reagan.”

In a televised interview with the columnist Carl T. Rowan in 1987, Justice Marshall said that Ronald Reagan, still in the White House at the time, was at ‘‘the bottom’’ of the list of American Presidents.

And he had this to say about President Bush (the Snr.): ‘‘It’s said that if you can’t say something good about a dead person, don’t say it. Well, I consider him dead.’’

https://www.nytimes.com/1990/07/30/us/washington-talk-hot-words-of-a-justice-are-hardly-a-surprise.html

1 Like

Here’s another nice example:

“I can’t imagine what the country would be with Donald Trump…[It’s] time for us to move to New Zealand…[Trump is a] faker…He says whatever comes into his head at the moment. He really has an ego.”
–Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg

2 Likes

I do not see Kavanaugh doing anything against the Constitution, as it is written. We will see…but at least here is a reminder . Seems to me the Dems are are further away from the core construct?
popular sovereignty , limited government , separation of powers , checks and balances , judicial review , federalism , and republicanism

1 Like

I like Styx and his dry sense of humour. He is not a Republican , by the way, just been painted as “Right wing” because he calls a spade a spade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP4I1lxEvrE

1 Like

no. it’ll go back to states where some will allow it and some won’t. too much federalism in last hundred years. states have lost far too much power to fed govt

Hurrah for the Bonny Blue Flag that bears the single star!

I never said anything about him being political. I meant all the lies and him acting like a cunt. Very politician-like.

I believe the word you’re looking for is too much “unitarism”.

And honestly the fact that it may regress only shows how backwards America is (in this regard). A first world country trying to limit abortion rights in the late 2010s is the joke of the century.